1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War with Spain?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Roger Hicks, Apr 3, 2017.

1. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Oh dear...

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Don't worry Peter we'll send a gunboat. That'll show José who's boss. :rolleyes:

Roger Hicks likes this.
  3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

4. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

So now there are three icebergs lurking in Treeza's Brexit Sea - Scotland, the Six Counties and Gibraltar.

I suspect there is more chance of the re-unification of Ireland resulting from her efforts than of Gibraltar being gifted to Spain.

Learning, Roger Hicks and Catriona like this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Of course they do. Ask (if you can trace them down to wherever they fled to) the indigenous population and they might feel differently. o_O

peterba and Roger Hicks like this.
  6. Lost_In_France

Lost_In_France Well-Known Member

Much as I would love that Roger, I very much doubt it.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  7. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Hope they sort it out before Saturday......I shall be in Benidorm then!.......

8. Roger Hicks

TRAITOR!

Cheers,

R.

IvorCamera likes this.
  9. Roger Hicks

Same here, but the likelihood is slowly increasing. The loss of the American colonies was the last cock-up of similar magnitude.

Where are the Brexiteers defending this speech? And when is ANY of them going to present a convincing argument for Brexit? One that doesn't go, "Wibble, wibble, TAKING BACK CONTROL, and, uh, SOVREIGNTY"?

Cheers,

R.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    peterba likes this.
  10. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

With that sort of high-level pro-Brexit argument in your armoury, Roger, I'm rather surprised that you weren't drafted in by the "Leave" campaign.

11. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Nice one Roger, winners and losers spring to mind!

12. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Is Spain going to set a good example by pulling out of Ceuta?

13. Learning

Do we really want the Six Counties? McGuinness is dead; he didn't win. Terrrorism failed. Point made so move on
    Lets have a sensible ageement with the South that enables the Six Counties to join them if they vote to do so. Have an annual vote on the issue until they decide that Southern grass is greener than British grass.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  14. Roger Hicks

Very true. It's a tragedy that so many complete losers -- the xenophobes and out and out racists, the economically and historically illiterate, the senile or partially witted -- voted for Brexit.

Yet again, for the hard of thinking, I'll point out that not all Brexit voters were complete losers, but I doubt that many among the the xenophobes and out and out racists, the economically and historically illiterate, or the senile or partially witted, voted to remain.

Cheers,

R.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  15. Roger Hicks

Dear Peter,

Well, yes, I know it's a bit more coherent and logical than anything the Brexiteers said, but what I couldn't have done as easily is lied about e.g. £350 million and the NHS. And as I say so often, I'm STILL waiting for any Brexiteer to produce a better argument than "Wibble, wibble, TAKING BACK CONTROL, and, uh, SOVREIGNTY"

Cheers,

R.

peterba likes this.
  16. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You must have missed the clincher this week - blue passports.

peterba likes this.
  17. Roger Hicks

Ooh, look, there's a squirrel!

There's an old saying: two wrongs don't make a right. Besides, what we're talking about here is not the morality of colonies. It's the lunacy of war.

Cheers,

R.

John Farrell likes this.
  18. Roger Hicks

Dear Nick,

Ah... I now see I was completely wrong. Obviously economic and social chaos, and a collapsing pound, are a small price to pay for changing the colour of the passport to the same colour as that of our lords and masters, the United States.

Cheers,

R. .

peterba likes this.
  19. Learning

That is not even an effective politiceans answer. Please try harder to answer the question in a way that satisfies the expectation of your legal abilities. You can do much better. The history of Ceuta and Gib are completely different.

20. Roger Hicks

You are the one who needs to do better and try harder, because you're not doing very well at the moment.

Talking about Spanish colonies in North Africa in the context of a lunatic suggestion by a British politician that there could be a war over a British colony in Spain is a very transparent attempt at deflection. Then again, deflection is increasingly used by some politicians. Are they the sort you admire?

I've highlighted the key word in case you have any further difficulty in understanding either the original post or the one you just quoted. Tell me: what HAVE Ceuta and Melilla to do with Howard's sabre-rattling?

Cheers,

R.