1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Want a NEW 100% REAL electric car for $1200

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stephen Rundle, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Apparently loads in Tenerife etc. for tourist hire.

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Tangentially, Tenerife is probably a really good place for electric cars - you are never far from a charge point, and it's always windy so the turbines are always generating.

Zou likes this.
  3. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Is anyone else now being bombarded by Ali-Baba ads for one of these abortions? Three different sites so far this afternoon. :mad:

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I'd drive it home.

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I forget that the alcohol level for driving in England is not as low as here. I've long been of the mindset that if I'm having any alcohol at all I won't drive at all. Easier than trying to do the metabolism maths and taking unnecessary risks.

Scphoto and Learning like this.
  6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Or the pub is just across the field from here;)

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

You think that'd get across the field?

8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

If I was drunk, I'd probably think that.

Zou and dream_police like this.
  9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

It'd make an interesting chase.

I had a pursuit with a road cleaning "scarab" machine once. It had been TWOC'd by a pissed up young woman and I chased her around Reading town centre. I made The Sun with that one, lol.

Note the use of the word "woman" not "lady".;)

10. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

No epic tale starts with "we were around the vicarage, drinking Shirley Temples...".

Zou likes this.
  11. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

No but I would not be surprised if I got Amazon Ads for a 15-18 tonne Scarab road cleaner!

12. dream_police

It wasn't one of those big ones. A small one person thing that whizzes up and down pavements etc.

This was in the late 80's/early '90's so if you have been googling it, it isn't one of the stories that appears.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  13. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

So how far has the car progressed? Autocar carried out this comparison between two cars a couple of years ago and there's a 90-year gap between them.
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/autocar-origins-mclaren-senna-vs-austin-seven-road-test

Because of the diameter of the Austin 7's wheels, it's a darn sight more comfortable over pot-holes than many modern cars, whilst the space the 4 passengers have, is also pretty good too. Doesn't do more than 40mph and a doddle to park! I remember back in the 70s seeing a French farmer carrying a couple of goats in the back; I suppose on arriving at the market he also had to buy a replacement beret though. :oops:

Maybe Citron need to resurrect the 2CV, put a modern 600cc engine in it and run the thing on Biofuel or LPG as many of the Tuk-Tuks in Asia do? Just make sure you and your passengers aren't prone to sea-sickness whilst on a rough road or cornering 'fast' .... :p

14. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

Do you mean "abortions" as to some that is a very upsetting subject, do you mean abominations ?

15. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

There's actually a lot of better/safer looking small EV's getting released in China at the moment, the 4k to 10k market has a lot. Check out the latest Fully Charged Show on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/fullychargedshow) - although it's for the subscribers for the first 24 hours so do it tomorrow!.

16. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I have been on four different flights when the captain has aborted either the take-off or landing. I was very pleased about that on each occasion.

dream_police and MJB like this.
  17. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

abortion
    /əˈbɔːʃ(ə)n/
    See definitions in:
    All Medicine Biology noun
    1. 1.
      the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy.
      "concerns such as abortion and euthanasia"

18. dream_police

You also missed off...

It fits his post very well!

2a: a misshapen thing or person : MONSTROSITY
    b informal + sometimes offensive : something regarded as horrifically or disgustingly bad
    3: arrest of development (as of a part or process) resulting in imperfectionalso : a result of such arrest