1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want a NEW 100% REAL electric car for $1200

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stephen Rundle, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Apparently loads in Tenerife etc. for tourist hire.

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Tangentially, Tenerife is probably a really good place for electric cars - you are never far from a charge point, and it's always windy so the turbines are always generating.

Zou likes this.
  3. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Is anyone else now being bombarded by Ali-Baba ads for one of these abortions? Three different sites so far this afternoon. :mad:

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I'd drive it home.

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I forget that the alcohol level for driving in England is not as low as here. I've long been of the mindset that if I'm having any alcohol at all I won't drive at all. Easier than trying to do the metabolism maths and taking unnecessary risks.

Scphoto and Learning like this.
  6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Or the pub is just across the field from here;)

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

You think that'd get across the field?

8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

If I was drunk, I'd probably think that.

Zou and dream_police like this.
  9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

It'd make an interesting chase.

I had a pursuit with a road cleaning "scarab" machine once. It had been TWOC'd by a pissed up young woman and I chased her around Reading town centre. I made The Sun with that one, lol.

Note the use of the word "woman" not "lady".;)

10. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

No epic tale starts with "we were around the vicarage, drinking Shirley Temples...".

Zou likes this.
  11. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

No but I would not be surprised if I got Amazon Ads for a 15-18 tonne Scarab road cleaner!

12. dream_police

It wasn't one of those big ones. A small one person thing that whizzes up and down pavements etc.

This was in the late 80's/early '90's so if you have been googling it, it isn't one of the stories that appears.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  13. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

So how far has the car progressed? Autocar carried out this comparison between two cars a couple of years ago and there's a 90-year gap between them.
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/autocar-origins-mclaren-senna-vs-austin-seven-road-test

Because of the diameter of the Austin 7's wheels, it's a darn sight more comfortable over pot-holes than many modern cars, whilst the space the 4 passengers have, is also pretty good too. Doesn't do more than 40mph and a doddle to park! I remember back in the 70s seeing a French farmer carrying a couple of goats in the back; I suppose on arriving at the market he also had to buy a replacement beret though. :oops:

Maybe Citron need to resurrect the 2CV, put a modern 600cc engine in it and run the thing on Biofuel or LPG as many of the Tuk-Tuks in Asia do? Just make sure you and your passengers aren't prone to sea-sickness whilst on a rough road or cornering 'fast' .... :p

14. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

Do you mean "abortions" as to some that is a very upsetting subject, do you mean abominations ?

15. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

There's actually a lot of better/safer looking small EV's getting released in China at the moment, the 4k to 10k market has a lot. Check out the latest Fully Charged Show on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/fullychargedshow) - although it's for the subscribers for the first 24 hours so do it tomorrow!.

16. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I have been on four different flights when the captain has aborted either the take-off or landing. I was very pleased about that on each occasion.

dream_police and MJB like this.
  17. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

abortion
    /əˈbɔːʃ(ə)n/
    See definitions in:
    All Medicine Biology noun
    1. 1.
      the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy.
      "concerns such as abortion and euthanasia"

18. dream_police

You also missed off...

It fits his post very well!

2a: a misshapen thing or person : MONSTROSITY
    b informal + sometimes offensive : something regarded as horrifically or disgustingly bad
    3: arrest of development (as of a part or process) resulting in imperfectionalso : a result of such arrest