1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiting to extend my Fuji collection

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by andymcd, Jul 10, 2015.

1. andymcd

andymcd Well-Known Member

Originally on Olympus OM until I traded everything to get a Nikon F80 and a couple of lenses back in 2005. Fast forward 10 years and I have a D200, D300 and several lenses but back in March I picked up a used Fuji X-E1 and a Nikon to Fuji adaptor and haven't looked back.

I'm just waiting for the part-ex quote for my D300 and 5 lenses to be confirmed and I will then add a second Fuji body and maybe a Fuji lens....

Andy

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

They were giving x-pro1s away with 2 lenses earlier this year as a kit. A 27 and a 60 mm I think (not 100% sure). Worth to scan this week's AP adverts.

3. andymcd

Deal is done and a (new to me) Fuji X-E2, XF18/2 and EF20 flash are heading my way. I'm really looking forward to finally trying AF on the Fujis plus the extra manual focusing features that they've added to the X-E2 over the X-E1.

Andy

4. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

X-E1s are going for silly money now and they are fabulous cameras; I find it quite astonishing that you can pick these up for as little as £130 2nd hand.

Enjoy the X-E2.

5. andymcd

Yeah, I picked up a mint X-E1 for £200 back in March which is what has started me on this Fuji route. I really like the X-E1 and will be keeping it, but I am looking forward to the X-E2.

6. andymcd

X-E2 and XF18/2R have arrived, the camera is quite an improvement on the X-E1 (which is already a great camera).
    AF has taken a bit of getting used to after 3-4 months exclusively MF.

Took this picture at the weekend...

[​IMG]

7. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Nice, very nice. It looks like you're already in sync with the new toy. :D

8. andymcd

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

It helps that the sensors are the same - so my preferred image settings just needed setting on the new body. The button layouts are slightly different, which threw me at first but I have just about got used to it.

Andy