1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote for your favourite product of the year and WIN £500

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KarenS, Dec 4, 2015.

1. KarenS

KarenS Online Manager

2. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Hi Karen,
    How do we know what to vote for? Is there a list somewhere of the 2015 introductions?
    Cheers, Oly

3. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I suppose that any product of the year has to be useable by most photographers.
    My suggestion of the Nikkor 200-500 hasn't got a chance, because of its limitation to users of one marque. I can't even publish any pictures yet because I have only owned one for less than 24 hours but my initial impression, based on tests on photographs of little brown birds in the garden on a dull wet stormy day is that this lens provides a tool which previously cost four times the cash. This lens is only half a stop faster than competitors from third party manufactures (I have a 6.3 Sigma) but that extra half stop does wonders for AF. Dynamic 3D AF works over the full area covered by the AF system. Provided it doesn't fail under mild abuse then I reckon that Nikon have even managed a winner. I was about to give up on them.

5. 0lybacker

Thanks Mark but I think they contain pre-2015 stuff plus kit that's not yet available. Cheers, Oly

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

My candidate is the most useful piece of kit except for a camera that I've come across, the Manfrotto 405 geared head. I just cannot work out how I managed for so long without one and I recommend it unconditionally to anyone who uses their camera on a tripod.

7. 0lybacker

Wouldn't disagree, Andrew, but I think it was available before 2015. Cheers, Oly

8. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Easy! That new Sony Alpha full-frame 'A' mount camera with pentaprism viewfinder.

Oh... er.. wait a minute...

Damn!

:mad: :eek: :D