1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USM overdrive

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Larry Shone, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Tho USM is a useful tool for asharpening it can also have quite a creative use.
    I took one of my pics and went wild with the USM and boosted contrast.
    What you think?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    CRIPN

2. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

...........it looks like one of Jack's shirts.........err "colourful!" /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif. No actually, the process you used is quite creative but the subject matter could be improved upon. Might be worth a try with an "urban landscape" or summat?

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

3. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Larry,

A bit OTT for me, but then you can't use USM in the 'Wet' Darkroom just a bit of dodging and burning/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

<font color=blue>RonM IRIPN</font color=blue>
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

4. BigWill

"A bit OTT for me"........that's what I told Jack about his shirts.........but he STILL wears the bloody things! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well actually USM was originally a wet darkroom technique - but I agree, Larry has just popped into the wrong darkroom by mistake.

Huw Evans.
    www.huwevans.freeuk.com

6. Larry Shone

i realised afterwards that i posted it in the wrong doodah
    bollix!

[​IMG]
    CRIPN

7. BigWill

........bit like me who popped into the wrong dressing room by mistake.........look I swear to god officer I had no idea Jeri Ryan was getting her kitt off at the time!

Big(my case comes up next Tuesday!)Will

8. BigWill

.........well you wouldn't be the first person who had ever "posted it in the wrong doodah".........I mean there's a lot of it about these days..........apparently the church of england are going to allow priests to do it soon! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

9. BigWill

.........well you wouldn't be the first person who had ever "posted it in the wrong doodah".........I mean there's a lot of it about these days..........apparently the catholic church are going to allow priests to do it soon! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

10. Larry Shone

Especially for BigWill

Well, how about this then, this is an Urban setting, and i called it Urban decay
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    CRIPN

11. BigWill

.......just in case anyone thought I was bigotted!

/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

12. BigWill

Re: Especially for BigWill

........prefer it without the weird frame but an interesting concept nonetheless!

BigWill

13. Larry Shone

it was weird photo to start with,the camera was slanted so i unslanted it and used the repair brush with a weird texture and colourised it

[​IMG]
    CRIPN

14. BigWill

"the camera was slanted"...........oh, so you used the "Huw Evans" brush in photoshop then! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

15. Larry Shone

i think i did it deliberately, cant remember taking it!
    was when i lived in wolverhampton where it helps to have a slanted view!/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

[​IMG]
    CRIPN

16. nicxx

nicxx Well-Known Member

Hmm, careful you don't spill that dev on your keyboard, last time I did it and it was b****y expensive!

ermx

17. BigWill

.......tell us about it! For years we hadn't a bloody clue what the hell you were on about because of that wanky keyboard you used. We all thought you were a foreign exchange student who was here to learn English! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(But she's not........she's just lovable Erm!/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif)Will

18. nicxx

nicxx Well-Known Member

hello Will, not drunk tonight then? Must be on an early shift tomorrow...[​IMG]

Oh well, I'm off to curl up in bed now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ermx

19. BigWill

NOT DRUNK!..........what a terrible slur! I'll have you know I'm shitfaced..........nissed a pute........sorry, pissed as a neuwt (how the f**k do you spell "newt"?).........she only adds that "I'm off to curl up in bed" bit because she knows fine rightly I won't get a dammed wink of sleep thinking about her "curled up in bed!" /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(Restless!)Will

20. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

You'll have to try counting sheep then Will - here's a few to start you off! :)

[​IMG]

Huw Evans.
    www.huwevans.freeuk.com