1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Urgent help!

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Barney, Jun 17, 2011.

1. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

I take it you didn't have some sort of removeable memory in the Laptop, e.g. mp3 player/stick etc that it might have been saved to.

Failing that the only other thing I could suggest is to open the prog, and file save as to see which directory it's been saving in, just in case it's changed from the directory you usually use.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

with MS Outlook you can save changes to attachments inside documents but you have to say yes to save the changed document as well. If I am editing an email attachment someone sent me then I often reply and copy the file to the new email (or forward) then edit the file and send or save it as a draft. Suggest look in drafts folder for emails. Otherwise I think there is little chance of getting the file back. It sounds as if your system is set up to automatically clear temporary internet files. I doubt Powerpoint keeps its own working copy independently of saved ones.