1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Upstairs Downstairs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MickLL, Feb 20, 2012.

1. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

My story, and I'm sticking to it, is that SWMBO made me watch the above last night.

Now I know that many of you have vivid imaginations and some are especially good at consipracy. Listen up and here's a bit of fun - maybe.

All of the downstairs women had been touched by the ugly stick if you will pardon the expression. They were inarticulate, unintelligent and dressed in drab.

Except, except, for the new Nursery Maid who appeared in a brightly coloured 'designer' suit, handmade shoes and is intelligent, articulate and, in this company a real stunner.

You understand that I'm talking about the characters of course and not the actresses.;)

Now here's the question. The signals are plain enough - it will all end in tears.

Now you give me the upcoming story line based on what I've told you.

MickLL

2. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Didn't watch it but from what you say this will probably happen:-

Upstairs 'Gent' will fancy the new Nursery Maid

Nursery Maid with be laid in the Nursery by upstairs Gent (while kids are asleep)

Nursery Maid gets pregnant

Upstair Gent dumps her like the proverbial hot potato and she gets the sack

Nursery Maid takes Upstairs Gent to employment tribunal and gets her just desserts (OK I made that up!)

I was upstairs on my computer when the programme was on, so I didn't see any of it. I don't watch Downton Abbey, either; it's all been done before....(and so has the Nursery Maid, probably...)

3. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

The whole cast will be abducted by aliens but the flying saucer will explode on take-off, flattening the whole city and naturally killing all the characters. The problem is that there is still scope for a prequel.

4. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

You didn't mention the scene where the monkey got gassed!

Pip pip! Andrew

5. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

Sounds like the average Aylesbury woman!

Andrew

6. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

;);););)

Didn't think it relevant to the 'beautiful' nursery maid.

That will have the forumites guessing.

MickLL

7. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Did not watch the programme I'm proud to say, however I do have a question: Given the quality of clothing worn by said maid (Except, except, for the new Nursery Maid who appeared in a brightly coloured 'designer' suit, handmade shoes and is intelligent, articulate and, in this company a real stunner.) has she perhaps already been on a 'nice little earner' - or, for the more crudely-minded -been putting it about a bit already?.

8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Apparently during the blitz a stray bomb mean for The Houses Of Parliament goes awry....:eek:;):D

9. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Being a fan of the original classic series I declined to watch this 'revival', but had the misfortune to walk into the room whilst it was on. The scene in question seemed to be a shouting match around the servants table which could pretty much come straight from Deadenders. Why oh why must the BBC screw up everything in this tiresome bludgeoning manner?

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Watch Points of View regularly then?:D

11. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Never saw the original but I was aware that this was on the box.....anyone know if it was shot on an SLR? I think there was one seen in a dark bedroom which caught my eye....seemed very noisey?

Graeme

12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

no I'm not going there.....:D

13. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Not since the suffocatingly dull Jeremy Vine took it over. If it was his brother at least there'd be some wit ;)

14. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

By Barney?

15. Rupert49

Rupert49 Well-Known Member

Can't stand Timothy Vine either .. he's the only one who thinks he's funny, and by golly does he!!

16. Rupert49

Rupert49 Well-Known Member

Worrying, but oh so true!! :D

17. Eye Robot

Eye Robot Well-Known Member