1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by medavidcook, Mar 5, 2015.

1. medavidcook

medavidcook Well-Known Member

Hey

i have a Canon Eos 1000d and I am looking to upgrade what would be something that will be a good choice

thabks

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Do you want to stay with Canon? Or are you considering a change of brand as well? What do you feel is restricting with the existing camera and what kind of subjects do you want to shoot? And indeed what do you or want to do with your shots, if you want to produce A3 prints say?

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Depends on your budget but the choice is really steered by what it is you photograph most and what you need from that. For example if sports and wildlife/tamelife (eg zoos, wildlife centres) are your thing the pairing of the 7DII and the 100-400 II seems from reviews to be an extremely good match.

4. LouiseJB

LouiseJB New Member

I started with a Canon 1000D and then upgraded to a 600D after about 2 years. I absolutely love it and have found it to be easy to use but faster, better in low light, better image quality and better design.
    I am now looking to either buy a second 600d or upgrade as I need a second body but I havent been disappointed for a second with my 600d choice!

5. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Yes the 600D is a great camera got one as well. Going up from the 1000D I would be tempted to say 70D if budget allows as that is a great camera another more wallet friendly would be the 700D.