1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Untraceable IP addresses?

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Max resist, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Max resist

Max resist Well-Known Member

Heres another chestnut thrown into the mix?
    How about every time you log on you get assigned a different
    IP number?
    Or rather the same IP number but not your IP number?
    Come Again?
    WiFi credit cards display the IP number of the Company headquarters only.
    Thus if you go online using a Vodafone PAYG sim net card IP will awlays be
    and read Vodaphone company HQ address and no other.
    So it always amuses me when some amateur cyber watchdog comes on and says
    'we know yer IP address'& can link it to yer contract and payment address....
    I do not think Vodafones HQ IP address can be 'blocked'either?
    BT and Virgin have conducted for years a concerted campaign of harassment through
    millions of letter boxes with their unwanted promotional mailings (unstoppable as they delivered
    by Royal Mail along with regular mail and cant be cancelled)
    in a misguided effort to get as many dopes online and contracted as possible.
    Then these self same corporations eg BT who are traditionally a virtual arm of The Police and Security
    Services and upholder of public morals and snooping and wire and phone taps
    have all your usuage and data at their HQ ready to hand over!
    As well as having you tied into an expensive and stressful monthly debt contract
    for a Broadband service that doesn't even deliver what its promised!
    Yuk.

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Are you ever happy? I bet you are a joy to share a pint with.

RogerMac and Craig20264 like this.
  3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Assuming he's old enough to get his round in...

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

There is another recent thread somewhere that addresses broadband performance. If you are on a BT line there is an on-line checker that tells you how fast a service you can get. The main bottleneck is the wire to your house. The second is the number of people you share the connection with (and what they use the connection for).

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I'm not worried. I double wrap everything in tinfoil before leaving the house.

Lindsay Pennell, EightBitTony and MJB like this.
  6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I have a crowd funding idea. Anyone want to chip in towards a black van with tinted windows to park at the end of Max's street?

Lindsay Pennell, RogerMac and Geren like this.
  7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I do wonder sometimes if I have been sinful in a previous life, or have I had a skin full in this life. Perhaps I will wake up soon

8. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

"a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma..." and if anyone has the key can they please throw it down the nearest drain.

9. Max resist

No serious replies to this one which tells me folks are on unsure ground.
    Don't worry Im planning shortly to start posting some of my PHOTOGRAPHY!
    Some thing to look forward to!
    The thing is if say a Cam Website 'blocked'a particular users IP and that user was using a Large Companies PAYG
    SIM ID then it would result in every other user using that system being blocked too!
    Maybe 100s other users!
    Not good for camgirl business!
    Duh.

10. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

As far as I am concerned it says two things

1. I don't believe you are right
    2. I don't really care if you are as it has nothing to do with photography , which is what I joined the site for

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

If we didn't have IP address to fall back on, lots more people would probably be banned from the site purely on the suspicious nature of their posts. It is a commercial site, after all. As it is, we can give them the benefit of the doubt. So your plan would mean less freedom, rather than more.
    IP blocking isn't exactly a commonly-used tool, there are other far more selective methods of keeping out undesirables, so no need to worry about that.

12. Max resist

This forum is for computer related help and discussion.
    IP addresses are such.

13. Max resist

Every new non banal idea outside the box goes through 3 stages.
    1)It is ridiculed,unbelieved and questioned.
    2)It is ignored.
    3)It becomes the new norm appraised and accepted by most who are scared of being out of step with the sheeple.

If it was to happen that your bum hanging bare out your pants tomorrow in public became
    a new fashion norm then that is exactly what youd see all over the place.
    The sheeple have no minds of their own or critical thinking of any worth
    and are terrified of being out of step with what all the other sheeple are perecievd as up to

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

My critical thinking is actually pretty good, and I can tell you that your idea is extremely banal.

15. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Agreed. But it is impossible to tell from your post(s) what exactly it is that you want help on/want to know. The expected scope of discussion is technical. If you want to have a rant at direct marketing then post something (more cogent) in the lounge.

16. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I disgree with you Nick. It doesn't rise to the level of banality. "Silly" with a dash of "ignorant" perhaps.

Benchista likes this.
  17. Lindsay Pennell

Lindsay Pennell Well-Known Member

Or just downright tosh.

RogerMac likes this.
  18. Max resist

There is a FEAR and campaign against High IQ -old school people generally in todays UK.
    This occasionally rears its beautiful head.
    eg last night,
    Ian Dale LBC was conducting a mediochre phone in on Russian Agents and a very High IQ woman got through and virtually demolished
    him and his timeline.
    His reaction.Call her an idiot-shut down the debate-become flustered.
    UK society today cant tolerate outside the box thinking and High IQ unconventional lines of argument.
    Its prefers dumbed down brainwashed uni and non uni drones.
    Youll see this sort of rigid paranoia denial is set for otherthrow.

19. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

we love that sort of cut and thrust here

20. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Cant and Can't are completely different and the word you used is defined as "hypocritical and sanctimonious talk, typically of a moral, religious, or political nature." and I think that describes the level of your contributions.

EightBitTony and peterba like this.