1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unless I am missing something here it is SEXIST.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stephen Rundle, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

https://www.amateurphotographer.co....or-women-photographers-in-food-contest-139391

Unless I am missing something here it is SEXIST.

1. Pink Lady if a site were called Blue Man I bet it would get so many comments !

2. NEW CATEGORY FOR WOMEN PHOTOGRAPHERS IN FOOD CONTEST, if a "NEW CATEGORY FOR WOMEN" was listed go on, say it !

Another case of females being allowed in the Scouts/Cubs but you try and get a BOY in the Guides unless they associate as being female !!!!!

Remember how sheilas wheels was banned

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

The Pink Lady is the name of the competition for all entries. It might have something to do with the Apple maybe.

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I presume he means having a ladies only section, which I have to say, is by definition, sexist in anything except strength-related competitions.

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

A wise old friend of mine once said "if it means an extra prize just say thank you,if it means less prizes start an argument, but if the same number just shut up."

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Zou likes this.
  5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Would be interested to hear a discourse on just where they feel females are inferior to males as photographers and thus deserving of condescension. Must say I hadn't noticed it myself. The weight of cameras these days perhaps?

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I thought he meant both aspects - the name, which clearly isn't sexist, and the women-only category, which is.

7. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

Never thought of that