1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

unexpected Heather Angel

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by swanseadave, May 17, 2009.

1. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Her homepage is well worth exploring. American landscapes
    I,for one,didn't know she did this kind of thing.Ansel Adams in colour.Brilliant.
    Cheers Dave :D

2. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

That was one of the things Heather used her Hasselblad for back in the day. She had a "Landscape Photography" book published many years ago. More interesting than much of Saint Ansel's work IMHO; now watch for the lynch mob a-coming! ;)

3. SmokeJaguar

SmokeJaguar Well-Known Member

What a great site - thanks.
    Ordered one of her books signed @£18

4. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Lovely stuff. I've bookmarked her for further exploration. Here's another fine American talent whom I had the pleasure of meeting at his gallery in Jackson Hole last year:

DavidBrookover

5. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

I think her images are fantastic, I had forgotten how good she is...although I'm not sure the scanning etc shows them up at their best.

Browsing around I found this...
    [image]http://www.heatherangel.co.uk/images/gallery/gallery_L__08082005173744_65b014f7_1d1d_4227_bde0[/image]
    of a snow leopard...
    ...this is the beastie that was so rare that the National Geographic team could not get pictures without resorting to trap cameras....judges in the next Wildlife photographer of the year comp take note!

Graeme

6. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Ah I guess they dont like linking! Its in the action gallery.

Graeme

7. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Ah, yes. The story behind that is the beastie was being released into the wild, so not quite as far removed from trap cameras as you might have hoped. Still a fabulous capture though - taken on a Hasselblad IIRC.

There's another of Heather's pictures which has stuck in my mind (though sadly it's not on her site) of a bird - a tern of some kind I think - hovering above her, which she took whilst photographing plants with a macro lens. Sensing something behind her she turned round and shot the image by instinct. :)

8. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I note that Heather names the recording media that she uses - just as though it's film, with its variety of tonal variations. I appreciate that a fast card is necessary to keep up with the high burst rates of some bodies, but apart from that, a byte is a byte etc.

9. Photocracy

Photocracy Well-Known Member

Heather Angel is a charming and thoroughly enjoyable speaker too. If you haven't been to one of her talks, I thoroughly recommend it.

Rob