1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TZ6/TZ7 firmware update

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by nspur, Jun 17, 2009.

1. nspur

nspur Well-Known Member

Version 1.1 of the firmware has been out since the end of April but on June 15 Panasonic withdrew it and replaced it by version 1.2 which has added a battery-checking routine which will ensure that only genuine Panasonic batteries can be used. While I'm sure it's right for Panny to protect us from using cheaper batteries, those of us who have just bought a couple of these might like to know that the original version 1.1 firmware upgrade can be downloaded from HERE

I've just updated my TZ6 with this firmware without a problem.

2. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I hope this doesn't catch on. I and others have never had problems with 7dayshop branded batteries. A money making idea I think.

3. Still_Togging_Along

Still_Togging_Along In the Stop Bath

whilst the stated reason is that 'Some of these aftermarket batteries are not equipped with internal protective devices to guard against overcharging, internal heating and short circuit.' one has to wonder why these 'devices' are not built into the actual camera body.

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Because they're a function of the charging of the battery...

5. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

If the short circuit happens outside the battery but before the protection circuit then there is no protection. Result: melted battery in camera or worse still burnt camera. And yes, I've seen a melted 3rd party battery in a camera, admittedly the pillock had inserted it the wrong way round.