1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV advertisements you love to hate

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by miked, Oct 29, 2010.

1. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Tell you what I do like, it's the Abbot Ale sponsor slots on Dave/Dave ja vu. Brian Blessed at his self-parodying best. :D

2. dileas

dileas Well-Known Member

It's not really a commercial ad, but I like the First Click ad on the BBC, it's effective and it addresses its target audience perfectly. I think it's brilliant.

3. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

4. Jefffers

Jefffers Well-Known Member

It's the Scotch video tape one for me! I can still remember the words ( I know - "get a life" etc !!)

5. dileas

dileas Well-Known Member

The ambulance chaser ads have a peculiar naffness level. It's equalled only by the cash-for-gold ads, the ones that look like such a good channel for disposing of stolen goods.

There's one ad device that really is a nuisance-bra for me (it gets on my tits), and that's the use of loud whispers. Typical is the SEAT car ad that ends "auto emocion". Fingernails down the blackboard, is that one.

6. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I have to say that it's the corporate idents that annoy me, king of which is the Intel one, but Danone have theirs too, The Express and a few others. :mad:

7. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

Any ads about "digestive transit" (which you're led to believe is a woman thing) especially the one where the woman, who looks so "backed up" her eyes are bulging, appologises to her friends for being late and is subtly recommended a laxative product. My advice to women with "transit" problems? Don't hold on to your f**ts, just let rip like men do...sorted!

Andrew

8. TheFatControlleR

May be it's Maybelline. :rolleyes:

9. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Whoever, she is gorgeous. ;)

10. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

This one ridicules the natives of Huddersfield, so can't be all bad. ;)

Too bad they don't make ads like this one anymore ...

11. TheFatControlleR

<font color="#000000">R<font color="#030303">e<font color="#060606">r<font color="#090909">e<font color="#0c0c0c">c<font color="#101010">o<font color="#131313">r<font color="#161616">d <font color="#1c1c1c">n<font color="#1f1f1f">o<font color="#222222">t <font color="#282828">f<font color="#2b2b2b">a<font color="#2f2f2f">d<font color="#323232">e <font color="#383838">a<font color="#3b3b3b">w<font color="#3e3e3e">a<font color="#414141">y<font color="#444444">.<font color="#474747">.<font color="#4a4a4a">. <font color="#515151">R<font color="#545454">e<font color="#575757">r<font color="#5a5a5a">e<font color="#5d5d5d">c<font color="#606060">o<font color="#636363">rd <font color="#6d6d6d">n<font color="#707070">o<font color="#737373">t <font color="#797979">f<font color="#7c7c7c">a<font color="#7f7f7f">d<font color="#828282">e <font color="#898989">a<font color="#8c8c8c">w<font color="#8f8f8f">a<font color="#929292">y<font color="#959595">.<font color="#989898">.<font color="#9b9b9b">. <font color="#a1a1a1">R<font color="#a5a5a5">e<font color="#a8a8a8">r<font color="#ababab">e<font color="#aeaeae">c<font color="#b1b1b1">o<font color="#b4b4b4">r<font color="#b7b7b7">d <font color="#bdbdbd">n<font color="#c0c0c0">o<font color="#c4c4c4">t <font color="#cacaca">f<font color="#cdcdcd">a<font color="#d0d0d0">d<font color="#d3d3d3">e <font color="#d9d9d9">a<font color="#dcdcdc">w<font color="#dfdfdf">a<font color="#e3e3e3">y<font color="#e6e6e6">.<font color="#e9e9e9">.<font color="#ececec">. ;)

12. TheFatControlleR

That's a ride at EuroDisney now... and the canoe ride is at Alton Towers. :rolleyes:

13. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

creepy (and that goes for all their ads)

14. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

This Dunlop Ad from the early 70's is one of the first ones I remember making me laugh out loud.

15. Straightarm

Straightarm Well-Known Member

at the moment, the

plusnet broadband ads,

the Aunt Bessy's food ads

the Shreddies "knitted by grannies" ads

and any ad with Steven Fry in it

16. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

17. Pogbellies

Pogbellies Well-Known Member

There's no shortage of them but:

1 - The one with the weird ice sculpture and the Japanese butler, I can't remember what it's for though - fail!
    2 - ISA ISA Baby - I think she's quite pretty but that head bobbing really irritates me for some reason.
    3 - The ones that use one film and multiple language voice overs (Petit Filou I think do this) they don't so much annoy but I have started trying to spot them. How sad is that.

18. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

OT

Probably time to move this back to the 'Games room', although I'm not sure why :D

As such I hope that forum regulars will choose their post location with careā€¦ makes it easier for all :)

19. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

The small son of a friend was heard singing`Coke and pears` :DMisheard lyrics?Always good for a laugh.
    And yes,I too,hate that ad.TV`s always muted during ads.

20. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

IIRC,that was the much loved Derek Guiller,was it not?I loved his washboard playing.