1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Trumpish

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by luisport, Jun 17, 2018.

1. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

upload_2018-6-17_13-19-57.jpeg
    Four weeks ago at NYC. Umpresidential Tower. One of some.

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Great stuff. love it. Should do the verticals I suppose.

3. luisport

Already done. Reasonably dekeystoned the upwards. I had to give it a try to still make it believable.
    That is where Mr. Wig actually slept

Roger Hicks likes this.
  4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Nice. I'm torn, I don't need the top, but without it, the middle doesn't look great. Excellent shot.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

What I especially like is that the lower part is full of different shapes, echoes and possibilities, whereas the top is simultaneously boastful and unimaginative (the building, not the picture). The contrast is, as Tony says, necessary.

No political analogies there, then?

Cheers,

R.

6. luisport

Nice observation, Roger. Upper stages host penthouses and upscale appartments
    reserved for fewer.
    Cheers,
    Luis

7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Like Tony I'm not fussed about the top though it is a good shot as is but I'd possibly chop it in half and use the bottom as a pure graphic abstract.

8. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the orange bits be at the top?

Roger Hicks likes this.
  9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

By chance at first I only saw part of the composition because of its format and the way my monitor is set up.I saw the bottom and part of the top to just below those orange flashes. It made a perfect crop.
    I blame the architect for the ugly bog standard door closers. They jar. And once you spot one you see the rest. Not Luis's fault, they are there and need to be shown. I suspect that more elegant devices are available, and that the architect has spoilt his ship for a ha'p'orth of tar.