1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering RAW images from Fujifilm S5 Pro to PC??

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by mr_london_lover, Mar 28, 2008.

1. mr_london_lover

mr_london_lover Active Member

How do I see what version the ACR plug-in is ?

2. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

The lowest cost possibility might be to buy PaintShop Pro. It imports most RAW files although I haven't tried RAFs.

By the way I don't see how restricting the download to someone with the program already in place prevents piracy. It's only going to be of any use to a Fuji user anyway.

3. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

The OP doesn't have the program.

Without the program you can't install any updates/new versions. Thereby stopping other people using it.

I agree that it's only of use to Fuji people though :)

4. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

If you can't get hold of the Fuji software you could try RAW Therapee which is free (you can make a donation if you like it). This isn't an endorsement as I've not used it but hear it's OK.

5. mr_london_lover

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!! Finally I find some software that actually works!!

If there is anyone out there in the same boat as me this little piece of software does the job! Looks a good piece of software too. Thank you all for all your help!

FastStone Image Viewer

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/faststoneviewer.html

6. sillyconguru

sillyconguru Well-Known Member

In CS go to "Help > About plug-in > Camera Raw".

7. mr_london_lover

Probably why it didn't work with the DNG files....I got version 2.0

8. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

CS will support ACR up to version 2.4. See if you can download that version from Adobe.

Get it here.

9. mr_london_lover

Hey Norman
    I just downloaded that and it downloaded an updated RAW Plug in. My PhotoShop CS has upgraded from 2.0 to Version 2.4

However it still doesn't recognise these RAF files even though its now version 2.4.

10. Burgy

Burgy In the Stop Bath

according to adobe

So you should be able to convert to DNG and then open in Photoshop CS.

11. photogeek

photogeek Well-Known Member

Finepix viewer should have come with the camera, but if you are going to shoot a lot of RAW then I would recommend you buy the Hyper Utility tool HS-3. This will give you more control of your RAW files to process them before transfering into Photoshop for any final tweeking.

Hope this helps

12. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

Looks like London Lover has managed to find something to open the files OK (looks like a useful piece of software)

After that I'd be inclined to forget about the Fuji software, just convert to TIFF or DNG and do whatever processing you want in the software that you have.

13. CplBadboyUK

CplBadboyUK New Member

Never had this problem... mac user here!! Thats the reason i stopped using PC's!

14. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Whether you use a Mac or a PC you still won't open files without appropriate software. The problem was that the OP didn't have the Fuji software and wanted to know what else would do the job.

15. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

also this, s7raw