1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonight I am celebrating...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geren, May 28, 2021.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I have been supporting an extremely dyslexic student for the last two years as they studied for their SVQ qualification. It's fair to say that I now know much more about childhood development theory than I ever wanted to but I'm DELIGHTED that they have now completed all the necessary work. It has been a dreadfully long slog, interrupted when they caught covid and while their placement had to close making it all but impossible to complete practical work but they did it! These are the days that make the long slog worth it and I really hope they are at home now celebrating as much if not more than I am!

2. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

My partner's brother Seb is dyslexic, so I can imagine the challenges you encountered. However, he's been working in an archaeological department for the past couple of decades, although it has to be said that the Head of the dept he was in, was undermining his progress, (until someone else discovered what was going on) and blew the whistle on his behalf ... resulting in Seb now heading up a dept somewhere in London!

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Very rewarding. Job well done!

Geren likes this.