1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today’s artsy: California reflections

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by plugsnpixels, Feb 2, 2019.

1. plugsnpixels

plugsnpixels Well-Known Member

Done with grocery shopping, I got back in the car and looked left as I put my seatbelt on. Reflected in the door handle of the car next to me were a couple of palm trees, bright and clear in the shiny silver:

palmsorig.jpg

Of course all I had was an iPhone, so I grabbed a few frames, trying to duplicate my original eyeline. A bit of cropping and other work in post-processing and we have a nice California-iconic image:

palmhandle.jpg

Roger Hicks likes this.
  2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I thought that in the appraisal gallery it was up to the appraisors to say "nice".
    It is rather nice but I would have chosen a different crop. Say halfway between where you have cropped and the horizontal trim on the door.
    Very well spotted!

3. plugsnpixels

Thanks for your feedback! Feel free to recrop the original so I can see exactly what you mean.

If you mean keeping more on the bottom, my intention was to crop out my own reflection (and the roofline of the car behind me) ;-)

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I like the letterbox, but it could be a lot brighter:

[​IMG]

5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Or even:

[​IMG]

6. Knotty

Knotty In the Stop Bath

That scratch on the car needs a bit of tlc in photoshop. Until thats gone nothing else matters for me.

7. plugsnpixels

Thanks guys, here is an auto body repair and a buff and shine.

palmsedit1.jpg

Geren, Terrywoodenpic and RovingMike like this.