1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

To Facebook users

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TH-Photos, Jun 23, 2011.

1. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

FB has changed. Take a look at your URL. If you see "http" or just "www" instead of "https" you DO NOT have a secure session & can be hacked. Go to Account Settings - Account Security - click Change. Check box (secure browsing), click Save. FB has automatically set it on the non-secure setting!

2. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Cheers for the heads up, changed just in case. Those turnips.

3. quietangel

quietangel Well-Known Member

hmmm that may explain why I have had 2 emails advising that someone had been entering my password wrong........... bookmark now changed :)

4. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

I was already on the secure setting. However, if you want to view or access any of the games/applications, etc, you will have to go back to the 'unsecure' setting. FB gives you this option anyway. Once you have finished with said games/apps etc, log out and log back in again. You will then be back on the 'secure' setting.

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

just changed mine..thanks for the heads up Ted...however it said I was accessing the account from Manchester......mmmmm close but definitely not close enough...unless it assumes that everyone who doesn't live in Manchester is a Man Utd fan...:)

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: To Facebook users -- Thanks Ted

much appreciated :)

Cheers,

Jack

7. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Nice one. Thanks. :)

8. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

^^^WHS^^^ But thanks a million anyway....

9. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

Thank you for the advise, changed.

10. Mr_P

Mr_P Well-Known Member

Thanks for that! Mine is now changed :cool:

11. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Thanks Ted!:cool:

BigWill

12. Rupert49

Rupert49 Well-Known Member

Facebook? Twitter? Is it all really necessary?

I'm not a luddite, honest, it's just that in my own life I've never seen the need therefore can't see the point. Each to his/her own of course :)

13. bechisbest

bechisbest Well-Known Member

Thank you for that,I have done as you suggest.

14. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

IIRC... When FB changed things they offered me the opportunity to change to the secure site, I clicked OK of course :)

Thanks for posting though, reminded me to check it's still secure... 'cause you never know with FB!!!