1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to buy a Fuji X10?

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by steviemac, Jun 20, 2012.

1. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I think he would appreciate it if the battery was charged when he opens the box - in fact you would be doing him a favour to open it and check it out, just in case it needed to be returned!

Roger

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

If the camera is brand new in its pristine packaging then Kenya customs may levy duty. Why not use the camera to fill a loaded card with family photos. The photos would be a lovely bonus as well as demonstrating how much trouble you had taken.

3. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Now there's a thought.

And that is a serious point. We do unwrap things for exactly that reason. I'll email him.

4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

...after the event of course;)...and we never knew a thing about it.....;)

5. rolloxan

rolloxan Active Member

But if you do get it OP, post up some stuff! I'm always interested to see great photos from point and shoots - albeit this one is a cracker.

6. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Daughter on her way through and I did get a chance to handle it. Very impressed. Beautifully put together and finished. I'll try to take some shots before she leaves.

I'm in need of a new compact :confused: and had eyed the Sony RX100 but the OVF on the Fuji is attractive.

7. gerry_labrijn

gerry_labrijn New Member

Hello all.
    I am keen to buy a Fuji X10, but not keen on the "orbs".
    Is this issue now resolved?
    One correspondent says that Parks has new stock; is that the "corrected" version?
    How can I check that? (eg some code number, etc).
    Please advise. Thank you.

8. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

I don't know that there's a way to check without actually taking some photographs!

The email from Fuji UK here says the new version is expected in July/August.

Park Cameras currently show 'awaiting stock'. They're a reputable dealer, so you should probably ask them, or other official dealers, if they can confirm they'll be supplying stock with the new sensor.

9. gerry_labrijn

gerry_labrijn New Member

Thank you Alex.
    It sounds as if I should wait for a bit.
    Dusting off my trusty Sony A700!
    GL

10. bonynge5

bonynge5 Active Member

I bought one about 3 weeks ago. I love it. I like to go into London from time to time. It's the perfect travel companion. Quiet and nice to look at. Seriously, the picture quality is brilliant. To be able to simulate Velvia is a great option. B&W pics are good too. Being used to Canon cameras I did find the menu needed a little time to learn, but it's fine. Before I bought it I went into John Lewis's several times to have a good look and play with it. I like the store, no shop assistant leaning on the counter drumming his/her fingers willing you to buy, as in some camera shops. Orbs, not come across that problem. My EOS cameras tend to stay at home now, so I'm seriously thinking about pushing the boat out and going for an X-Pro1 with a couple of lenses. I'll think about it. So my friend if you haven't already, go and buy the X10. And on dark winter evenings you can sit indoors just looking at it and smiling

11. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

That's what they call added value! :)

12. bonynge5

bonynge5 Active Member

I see at 65 I'm a junior member. I like that.

13. 0lybacker

If you are not careful, it soon wears off! :rolleyes::( :eek:

Not sure how many X2s Leica will sell at prices competing with the various high-end Fujis when it scores 84 in the AP test this week ...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  14. bonynge5

bonynge5 Active Member

I think they will sell quite a lot. I was near the Mayfair shop last week. Didn't go in. I feared for the well being of my credit card. Think I would buy the x100

15. 0lybacker

'Tis a strange thing, but in a recession Leica, as a brand are stronger than ever. Obviously it helps that affluent and wealthy south-east Asia has taken to them in a big way.

The same sort of thing happened in the early 90's; the M series was nowhere near as trendy then as now but college kids in London were said to be impoverishing themselves (unless affluent or with rich families) just to get their hands on a M6. This was when an EOS 1 was THE thing to have.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  16. bonynge5

bonynge5 Active Member

A few weeks ago I started looking at Leica film cameras. Goodness me, they fetch silly money. I understand putting a roll of film in requires a degree in mechanical engineering. I'll stick with the SD card, me thinks.