1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Tigger B&W

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by southonline, Jul 28, 2014.

1. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

Headed out to a local zoo and got this guy - due to a fence right behind him I processed it this way and its my first attempt at something like this after a kind member here offered me some tips

[​IMG]

2. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

And you have created a wonderful effect on the tiger as stalkingly emerging from the dark :)

3. southonline

Re: Tiger B&W

cheers Luis .. always a bit nervous testing new PP out .... in fact so nervous had a sticky finger with the gg ;o0

4. AlexDenny

AlexDenny Well-Known Member

Very nice! I might be tempted to trim a little off the left to even it up a tiny bit, but that's being super picky. I'd be delighted with it!

5. Derek_R

Derek_R Well-Known Member

Looks great to me. I've not got anything constructive to say, I'm afraid. But thought I'd chip in with a thumbs up! Kind regards, Derek

6. Ednewbie

Ednewbie Well-Known Member

It has got a good degree of menace. I'd be tempted to try a tighter crop and see how it looks.

7. Parsen66

Parsen66 Well-Known Member

Wonderfully powerful image. PP is spot on in my view. Huge thumbs up from me too.

8. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Nice that me old fruit. Certainly does for me.:cool:(maybe a shade off the bottom)

9. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

There are a couple of hairy dotty highlights to the the left of the frame to be avoided in case of extremely picky judging of thid beauty.

10. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

I agree with this

11. southonline

thanks for the comments guys its very much appreciated

I'll have a look at the edit and yes I see those dots now as well ;o(... They'll soon be gone

12. Ffolrord

Ffolrord Well-Known Member

I'd crop in from the bottom left to have the centre of the image dissecting the face. Nicely done with an excellent depth of field and tonal range.

13. southonline

cheers, since posting this I've cropped the original ... thanks all for the feedback

14. futureishere

futureishere Active Member

Amazing effect. Can you point me to a tutorial on how to achieve this?

15. southonline

cheers its just dodging and burning in Lightroom - this video will show you how

[video=youtube_share;BY3NTzsUqcQ]http://youtu.be/BY3NTzsUqcQ[/video]

16. futureishere

futureishere Active Member

Thanks. Now I have to go out and find a worthy subject! :)

17. southonline

it took me a few weeks to find the image I wanted to try this on - have fun and when you post it give me a shout so I can see ;O)