1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Thought I would try this out

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Stephen Rundle, May 30, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

Parallel universes !

NO filters or effects

parallel universes.jpg

2. Stephen Rundle

Any comments appreciated

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Nice. Is that a combination of water/oil/ink/paint?

4. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Interesting abstract. It looks like it could be an album cover.

5. Stephen Rundle

HA!!!!!!!! NONE

Keep guessing

6. Stephen Rundle

Who will be the first to get the right combo of what it took ?

parallel universes.jpg

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. In that case, are the pinnk parts, petals? Is nail varnish involved? Marbles?! Honestly I'm intrigued!

Stephen Rundle likes this.
  8. Stephen Rundle

You are so close ............................................................. not :)

No no and no

9. ptermx

ptermx Active Member

Are you going to put us out of our agony over this eventually? Is it just a macro detail of a piece of (e.g. Murano) coloured glassware?

10. Stephen Rundle

Ok may as well,Ok

Food coloring, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008HO71J4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007NI5AKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DO NOT pour it all on at once, pour in three or more places see the image with arrows, the glycerine makes borders and does not mix with itself easily adding to the image

Place DROPS on it with https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0002HZ51K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Easy ;) ;) ;)

Don't use water it just makes a mess, as you leave it the colours go from a small drop to shapes over minutes, these developed over ten minutes, the marble one was red on blue on green

IMG_20200530_145434151[1].jpg IMG_20200530_151227985[1].jpg IMG_20200530_154716375[1].jpg

steveandthedogs likes this.
  11. ptermx

ptermx Active Member

Excellent! Have you made a series of these?

12. Stephen Rundle

I know this sounds bad but, I get bored with something once I have done it, that is my problem with Autism :(

Something new tomorrow :)

RovingMike likes this.
  13. ptermx

ptermx Active Member

If that is what works for you, no worries.

14. Stephen Rundle

Actually bored is wrong, when I have worked out how to do something I want to move on, I enjoy the challenge