1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

This weeks AP, did you get one?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cliveva, May 24, 2020.

1. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

I have not received this weeks copy, none in my local Tesco either, did you get yours?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

No. First time in ages. I was going to check the subscription dates in case the renewal has been missed.

PS that is last weeks 23rd May edition.

3. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

It gets to the shops on a Tuesday , if you went in today they would probably be sold out .
    The one that should have been delivered to your house yesterday won't be in the shops until this coming Tuesday .

Deliveries from anywhere seem a bit delayed at the moment . Probably due to the amount of goods being bought online .

I subscribed on the 1st May , still waiting for my first copy .
    Seems they screwed up , so phoned them up Nd now they reckon I should start getting it on the 6th June .
    Not impressed , back to the supermarket queue .

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Nope. Waiting until Tuesday morning, then complaint going in.
    Didn't get last week's either.

S

5. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

These days Monday is on time, Tuesday is a bit late.

Graeme

6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Got last week's on Tuesday so not late (just).
    Missing yesterday but that is expected; the local delivery system is no longer functioning on Saturdays. It will not arrive tomorrow because of bank holiday. It may arrive on Tuesday if there isn't too much backlog of 1st class mail. I suspect that it is in our local office in the village, has been since Friday, and that I will not get it until Wednesday. Having said that I have received mail after 4pm although I usually receive it before 09:30. I think that there has been staffing issues and that some posties are doing extended shifts. Good for them.I aren't complaining.

7. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Written on Sunday evening.

Mine did not arrive on Saturday (now a rare occurrence), but will hopefully arrive on Monday or Tuesday (the norm in recent weeks).
    As you will see from the thread below, I'm still waiting for a replacement copy of a lost issue I should have received a few weeks ago. I have now abandoned all hope of receiving it.

https://www.amateurphotographer.co....ll-centre-and-website-re-subscription.141025/

8. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I have got mine. I am having a day in bed so am reading it inbetween naps.

9. PeteRob

I’ve just written to Kelsey and to Magazines Direct (who supply AP for me) to see what is happening over direct debit payments. I might be two copies down (didn’t get last week’s and this week’s didn’t come yesterday*). Last quarterly payment was taken by Time Inc. at the end of April. Could be they’ve had hiccups migrating the customer database. My account with Magazines Direct has correct details but extending the subscription to compensate a missing edition is not working - presumably because of the migration.

It has all worked well for ages. My email says my last missing copy was way back in 2015 and actually wasn’t missing at all. This is when they started putting advertising flyers into the then clear plastic envelopes. I’d binned it in the junk mail pile. The “non-delivery” was my fault for not recognising the magazine.

*The subscribers day is moved to Monday from Saturday during lockdown and this week it was the bank holiday.

10. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

Last weeks & this weeks arrived this a.m. , strange times !

ascu75 likes this.
  11. PeteRob

Sod's law. I just got back from a bike ride to find both last week's and this week's on the doormat. Shows how effective sending emails can be.

12. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Arrived today. Fairly normal these days.

Graeme

13. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

This week's [23/5] arrived today. Last week's still somewhere in the aether.

S

14. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Not yet.

15. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I have almost read all of mine! But being in bed feeling slightly better than yesterday but a long way from right has given me gaps between naps. Let's hope the antibiotics kill the infection and I can spend less time in bed tomorrow.:rolleyes:
    Don

spinno likes this.
  16. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Has anyone received the digital version yet?

17. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Arrived this morning....first Saturday delivery in a long time.

Graeme

Learning likes this.
  18. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

And here too.

Learning likes this.
  19. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Not yet