1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

This week’s edition

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Bazarchie, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Was the printed version late this week? Only asking as my digital version is not yet available.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

No. Came Saturday if I remember correctly, though the days do seem mixed up.

RogerMac likes this.
  3. Bazarchie

Thanks, in the current climate it is not important but it provides some light relief.
    I trust you and the family are well.

4. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Yes mine came Saturday too.

5. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Mine came on Monday, not Saturday.... but then that has happened a lot over the past year and it's not as if I live miles from anywhere.

6. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Plus one from me

7. Bazarchie

Still not received mine.

8. nf3996

nf3996 Well-Known Member

Mine usually arrives in Saturday's post - this week it turned up on Wednesday.

9. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Only one issue late so far this year (arrived on the Monday instead of Saturday).
    I hope that nobody has has managed to infect the contents or packaging before it gets to me...

10. IvorETower

My subscription copy did not arrive on Saturday (yesterday) this week :-(

11. Chester AP

The 'big thing' this week is 'How to succeed on Instagram', but having read the article I still don't understand what the definition of success is in this case. I admit that I found John Wade's page about an unusual vintage camera more interesting, but suspect I'm not the type or reader that articles about 'social media' are aimed at.

There is also a six page review of the latest Olympus mirrorless camera body, for anybody with £1,600 burning a hole in their pocket. From what I read in this review, if the user manual exists as printed matter it probably weighs more than the camera body.

12. Bazarchie

Still not received mine.

13. IvorETower

No post yet today at home. One thing I note from working at home these past 3 weeks is that there is no "normal" time for the postman to deliver. Some days it's before 10am, others it is mid afternoon. There is presumably no plan for delivery, a far cry from a few years back when I could almost guarantee that the post would arrive around 7.10am as I was leaving to go to work

14. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Must have been nice to have a late start!
    Mine arrived on Saturday, together with a bank statement the latter was rather more interesting than the article on Instagram.

15. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Which assumed that you know what Instagram is. Something to do with smart phones I guess.

16. IvorETower

Postie was out and about in our road today but we had nothing, so still no mag this week :-(

17. Bazarchie

My last version is dated Sat 28 March. I assume I am therefore missing 2 editions, 4 April and 11 April. Perhaps my subscription through Amazon Kindle wasn’t such a good idea. They have apologised.

18. Chester AP

But have they organised replacements? Apologies are easy, but it's what they do next that's important.

When the subscription expires, take out one using the website that AP lists for its subscriptions: the best deal is usually paying every 3 months by direct debit. If your copy has not arrived by Thursday morning, you can telephone Magazine Direct at the number printed on the address sheet included with every copy (so save one), and they will send a replacement. Always telephone - I suspect that emails are not treated as urgent. Unfortunately they will not do this before Thursday (it used to be Tuesday), but the replacement will be sent promptly. Unless they have no copies, in which case they will wait until the get unsold copies returned from newsagents the following week (I get 2 or 3 'lost' copies each year, but this long delay has only happened once in the last 7 years).

I've added this postscript because I've noticed your original post refers to the digital edition.
    Isn't a Kindle screen a bit small for viewing magazine pages, or is the page formatting different?

19. IvorETower

My copy arrived in today's post. My other weekly subscription magazine (different subject material; motoring related) which usually comes on a Wednesday, didn't :-(

20. Bazarchie

Thanks

I will give Amazon some time to resolve the issue. I expect they are suffering in these difficult times like ever else. Kindle editions are not restricted to Kindles, I read mine through an app on my iPad. I have been reading books, newspapers and magazines for several years using this method so I am used to it.