1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is great!!

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by taxor, Dec 9, 2006.

1. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd say how great it is to see some discussion in the 'traditional' bit of the forum. It's been a bit of a backwater sometimes. Keep the questions coming because there's no such thing as a silly question, only silly answers. ;)

2. celestine47

celestine47 Well-Known Member

Yes it is good!! I agree. I have just read an article from a link provided by someone in the forums , it was about the necessity of use of film in recording archaology, I would advise eveyone to find it and read it as it would provide you will more than enough technical data to justify the use of film and impress the digijunkies.

3. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

That's a little blinkered if I might say so. I dare say that somebody could write an equally valid justification for using digital for some applications.

Enlightened users know the place of both film and digital. To have both feet in one camp and to deride the other is somewhat hypocritical.

4. Woolliscroft

Woolliscroft Well-Known Member

Hi David. As the person who wrote the paper about film in archaeology, the "blinkered" comment is not really fair (I assume you have not read the piece). I actually say that we do have a foot in both camps and certainly don't deride anything or anyone. We use a digital camera on all our excavations and aerial photography flights for its instant nature, but we use film too, amangst other things for its archival qualities. It's a horses for courses article not an anti-digital one. Have a read:

www.theromangaskproject.org.uk/Pages/Introduction/Photography.html

5. scm

scm Well-Known Member

I think David was commenting on celestine47's use of the phrase "impress the digijunkies" as indicating a less than open approach to the subject, David, not getting at you for your thoughtful posting.

6. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

That's how I also read it. Besides, let's leave the bickering to the digi-junkies (joke) ;) ;)

7. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Correct. That phrase suggests that digital users are no more than gadget freaks. It was not a reflection on David's (Woolliscroft) article.

8. Woolliscroft

Woolliscroft Well-Known Member

Fair enough. It has to be said that gadget freaks are not confined to the digital side ;)