1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theban Balloons

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by RM_London, Feb 10, 2006.

1. RM_London

RM_London Active Member

[​IMG]

Balloons over the Theban Necropolis, Luxor, Egypt
    Taken from another balloon at dawn, January 31st 2006
    Mamiya 6, 50mm, Fuji Reala, processed by Metro Soho
    Scanned with Epson 4990

2. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

Great! I saw those balloons going up whilst crossing the Nile on a barge. Instead of a great flight in a balloon, I ended up on a donkey all the way to the Valley of the Kings. Oh, I wish ... Cheapo trip it was! :rolleyes:

Did you capture any pictures of the Nile and Luxor? How long was the flight?

3. RM_London

RM_London Active Member

A few more images below;

Balloon over valley of the Queens

This was my first trip with my new Mamiya 6 medium format camera and whilst the camera performed well, the photographer had some compositional problems with the fact that the lens takes up quite a lot of room at the bottom right of the rangefinder display and I forgot to check what was actually there on several occasions resulting in less than ideal crops.

The flight was just under 5 hours - and hooray for Egyptair planes which had plenty of room and decent food.

More pictures of the trip in the directory above the balloon trip ones - they are scanned from the neg whereas the bulk are currently lo-res scans of 5x5 prints. More holiday snaps than art really ... I'd love to go back to try again now!

Roger