1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Wall

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PhotoEcosse, Sep 30, 2015.

1. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Did anyone else go to Roger Waters' "The Wall" last night? It was simulaneously broadcast to cinemas all over the country on the hugely successful "National Theatre Live" model (although it was neither National Theatre nor live).

It's a very long time since I saw a cinema auditorium so full - or so many old men with long hair in the audience!

I wondered if it might fall apart without Gilmour's guitar but that was OK. Not sure that the France/Italy road trip in a Bentley fitted. A 2CV might have been better. The anti-war theme was overplayed at the expense of the more general alienation message of the Floyd version. Music still powerful though and, imho, still the best opera ever written.

I wonder if my next NT Live date will be as well attended ("Hamlet" on 15 October, which I just realised, with horror, lasts for over 4 hours!)

Eric

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

No, but I saw the live stage show a few years ago now. Absolutely fantastic.

3. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I didn't even realise that it was happening. Had I done I would have certainly gone.

4. Eye Robot

Eye Robot Well-Known Member

As it happens, Gilmour was live on Jools Holland last night.
    (repeat Friday)

5. PhotoEcosse

I noticed that on the Pink Floyd Facebook feed.

Must remind myself how to work iPlayer.

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Not the biggest fan of Waters' live performances......or Gilmour's recent lovey-dovey stuff for that matter.

Got some painting to do so I think a playing of the Pink Floyd The Wall DVD is in order now. Dunno how many different versions of it I've got but I think it's exactly the same DVD in every box:eek::rolleyes::D

7. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

We saw it at Wembley 2 years ago... Brilliant

8. PhotoEcosse

What I like about the DVD is that if I put it on and pour a large whisky, then another, .....by the time it gets to "Comfortably Numb", I am.

9. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

10. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Hi Eric, Were they wearing duffle coats and did they have unsigned copies of PF's albums under their arms in case a band member or former member put in an appearance? :D Cheers, Oly

11. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

^ ^ ^ lol :d :d :d :d :d