1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

The Wales that Time Forgot

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by skyandstone, Aug 6, 2007.

1. skyandstone

skyandstone Well-Known Member

I was inspired to go back through my boxes of old mountain photography slides to see if I could find any lost gems.

I came across a single roll of Agfa Scala that has never seen the light of day in 10 years. It was exposed on a single day on the Snowdon Horseshoe. Hidden away on the roll were 4 frames that I've reprocessed. They are dark and grainy but are certainly a bit diferent to my norm.

Photo 01 - 650 pixels

Photo 02 - 105k

[​IMG]

Photo 04 - 111k

Andy
    (yes, I am an amateur)

Moderators Note:
    Firstly - Please keep an eye on file sizes and dimension.
    Secondly - Amateur or not, please read the Rules & Regs regarding links and signatures. They can be found
    HERE

2. John_Baker

John_Baker Well-Known Member

Both of them capture that B&W “essence” and “characteristics” which is hard to fully recreate in the digital age!

Looking at your old material is wonderful, not only just the old negs/slides but also with your digital captures. I have found that as my knowledge and skills has improved over time, going back and reworking images has significantly improved the quality of my results. It gives you something to do when it is raining and on those dark evenings!!!

3. skyandstone

Moderators Note:
    Secondly - Amateur or not, please read the Rules & Regs regarding links and signatures. They can be found HERE

[/QUOTE]

OK, that's the 2nd time that's happened and I'll not be back.

I can accept the file dimensions thing, fair enough.

But I'm not allowed to link to my amateur personal gallery from which I sell the odd print? Yet our admins can link to their websites which advertise B&Q and Homebase?

Share and share alike guys. We photographers are giving you some quality photography and discussion that helps your site generate advertising revenue yet you offer us nothing in return.

Get a grip guys.

Andy

Moderators Note: READ THE SECTION ABOUT LINKING BACK!

4. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I think you've just fallen foul of the reciprocal linking requirement. Just stick a link to AP somewhere on your site and you should be okay.

5. skyandstone

LOL NN,

As an amateur, my rules would forbid me to link to commercial sites.

;)

Andy

6. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Exactly the reason NN.

7. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

There does seem to be double standards at work here.

8. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

What are you suggesting/hinting at Norman?

9. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

But not to sell prints? :D It's not a big thing. I choose not to include my website in a sig as I don't want to link to AP. If you don't want to link to Ap then just do the same as me.

Judging by your shots you'd be a welcome addition to the forum community so it would be a shame to give up so soon.

10. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

I'm suggesting that an ordinary member can have his signature URL removed because he's in breach of a rule (no reciprocal link) but a moderator doesn't have his commercial site link removed.

11. skyandstone

Fen, fair enough. I'll post up a link back to the AP subscription cancellation webpage which I'm just on my way to right now. :eek:

I'm not in the habit of linking to commercial websites. I'm an amateur after all. Perhaps I'll move on to dpreview forums. They seem to have fewer commercial motives over there. ;)

Andy

12. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

It's just a reciprocal link (A link on here to your website, a link on your website to this one. The word "Commercial" is completely irrelevant. What's the big deal??? :D

13. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

What a storm in a tea-cup! All we are asking for is a courtesy link back to AP if you wish to promote your own web site through AP's facilities here. It's a reciprocal arrangement, simple as that.

And yes, try DPReview if you like. They've got plenty of advertising and almost no moderation meaning that people there can be quite scathing, rude and unfriendly and if you do step out of line in some way, expect the angry mob to descend.

14. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Nose. Off. Cut. Spite. Face.

I know I can be a beligerent sod at times but even I can see that the requirement to have a return link on any site posted in a sig is nothing but fair.

Okay, shut the door on your way out will you? :rolleyes:

15. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

If you've an issue to raise, please raise it according to the proper procedure:

"If you have a problem with a particular member, contact a moderator, or the forum administrator, via PM.

If you have an issue with a moderator contact the forum administrator, via PM.

If you have an issue with the forum administrator contact the magazine editorial office via email.

Members who choose to air grievances on the forum run the risk of having their account suspended."

See here.

16. liamjames91

liamjames91 Well-Known Member

leave ap! im glad im not good enough, well at least i dont think i am anyway to have signatures linking to places and checking this that and the other lol, i prefer to keep things simple, although ap only ask you link back which is fair! and really, so what if mods have comercial links? they do a great job and by rights should have privelages..:) IMHO

17. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Creep, crawler! ;)

18. liamjames91

liamjames91 Well-Known Member

have you not seen the state of some other forums??

19. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

I registered on a couple of other forums before I saw the light! :D

There were never more than half a dozen users online at any time and life was painfully dull. Give me the insanity of AP any day!

20. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

No issue, I was asked a question. If the question was one that shouldn't be answered on-line then it should have been asked off-line.