1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Tube Mapper Project

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Luke A, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Luke A

Luke A Member

Hello, I wanted to say that a project I been sharing here and developing over the last few years has now finally become a book.

The Tube Mapper Project: Capturing Moments On The Underground showcases some of my favourite encounters as I slowly attempt to capture moments at every London Underground, Overground and DLR station. Thank you for the feedback over the years and helping me fine tune the project. Here's a few shots

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Book Information
    https://tubemapper.com/london-underground-photography-book/

Thanks for your time :)

TUBEMAPPER.COM
    book | website | instagram | facebook | twitter| flickr

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Excellent. Well done and good luck with it. Nice to see it at a reasonable price too.

IvorETower likes this.
  3. Luke A

Luke A Member

thanks Nige, its very cheap on amazon right now. The publisher has an rrp of £20.00 but amazon can squeeze their margins. I find the book world really fascinating and complicated.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi Luke, well done. It is great to hear this came to a successful conclusion.

5. Luke A

Luke A Member

Thanks Pete it's been a long journey 'pun intended' and the truth!

Geren likes this.
  6. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

+1 from me. Love the cat waiting for the train... but isn't it, and the nearby human, looking the wrong way ??

7. Luke A

Luke A Member

Ha, yes, both the cat and commuter are looking the wrong way. I have no idea why lol

8. IvorETower

I have a copy of the book on order.......

dream_police and Luke A like this.
  9. Luke A

Luke A Member

Thanks that's very kind of you. I hope that you enjoy it!

10. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Well done, all the best.

11. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

What a lovely thing :)

Luke A likes this.
  12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Brilliant - so glad to see this come to fruition in a book.

Luke A likes this.
  13. dream_police

We sometimes hear about people getting challenged and or told not to take photos in places such as transport networks. Out of interest, did you have any issue at all with your project and did you need permission to take the photos and then publish?

Catriona likes this.
  14. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

They don't like it in Newcastle-upon-Tyne anyway. I took a couple of photos on a deserted platform (apart from us) and this staff gorgon strode up to me and told me to stop. Not allowed!

15. dream_police

You know, for £14 it is worth a look isn’t it? I have just ordered a copy too.

16. IvorETower

Bad news is that Amazon report it is going to be the week after next when it is delivered (along with 2 other books)

Good news is that it's over 200 pages long :) Should be plenty of great shots inside

Dan S and Catriona like this.
  17. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Might have to get myself a copy.

dream_police likes this.
  18. dream_police

Mine has been dispatched by Amazon today so should have it by tomorrow. I’ll let you know if it’s worth it.;)

19. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Photography is not allowed on the Tyne & Wear Metro, I seem to remember them once holding a photo competition though. Not that the ban stops people, I think it probably exists due to concerns about flash.

Catriona likes this.
  20. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Just ordered it. Will be here by Sunday. Nice to be able to put a face to Luke's name and an interesting wee story about wining the camera too.