1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

The Super-early Christmas thread...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SqueamishOssifrage, Nov 6, 2019.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Catriona likes this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Nice one! Ha!

3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Yes but through my tired eyes I read it as Ha Bumhug, which is a bit weird, but whatever floats yer boat.:)

4. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Better than Bah Hamburger - the Janissaries would have loved that, according to Pangloss!

5. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Oh! where did you get those from, or who makes them? That would sort out one of my Christmas present challenges!

Catriona likes this.
  6. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

They are made by a company called YENKEE - their caps, not mine!
    They are described as 'LED Sync & Charge Micro USB cable'.

Part numbers are:-
    Blue YCU 231 BE https://www.yenkee.eu/led-micro-usb-cable/ycu-231-be#Overview
    Red YCU 231 RD https://www.yenkee.eu/led-micro-usb-cable/ycu-231-rd#Overview
    Green YCU 231GN https://www.yenkee.eu/led-micro-usb-cable/ycu-231-gn#Overview

They are packed in very nice cardboard boxes with an opening front flap, and a plastic widow so you can confirm the colour.

Where the devil you get them in the UK, I don't know, as Amazon doesn't stock them, and the only ones on eBay are all from China - but dirt cheap. You probably have time to get some sent before Christmas, though.

7. Footloose

Do they make a version for a Widower?

8. contax wide boy

contax wide boy Active Member

9. Catriona

Hark the herald...
    blow the trumpet.jpg

10. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

September, October and November have been truly and utterly shit. So December can go get stuffed.

Bah humbug.

Zou and Catriona like this.
  11. Catriona

A Christmas Selfie. :)

ap star selfie christmas.jpg

12. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I think I say every year that my favourite Japanese word is that for 'bauble' - it translates literally as 'cheap shiny object'!!

Catriona likes this.
  13. Catriona

I'll have you know the above bauble is an antique - well, about 60 years old anyway! :) :p

14. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That is the definition of bauble !

Zou and Catriona like this.
  15. Catriona

True! Usually said about some jewellery.

16. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I still have no idea what we are doing for Xmas yet, who is coming, where we are going etc. The CCO has not communicated it to me. I know we are not escaping to anywhere warm, so I guess I will be getting the instruction to go into the loft and get all the decorations down in about 2/3 weeks time.
    Then the godawful trip to the nursery, stuff a ridiculously large tree into a car that was not designed for it, hack the stump of it down until it fits into a stand that was also not designed for it and wrestle the entire thing indoors, which was also not designed......

Catriona likes this.
  17. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

We have a token tree - a tiny thing which will sit on the china cabinet ( no china inside - my camera collection lives there).Christmas dinner (lunch) is at our daughter's place, probably a barbecue, this year.

Catriona likes this.
  18. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Baubles, bangles and beads was a song from the musical, Kismet.
    Here's the 'Divine' Sarah Vaughan's version:

Catriona likes this.
  19. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Very Hardy.

S

20. Footloose

Very disappointed - haven't seen any of those 'Flashing' Santas yet ...