1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

The spider season has started

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by SXH, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

That, quite seriously, is one of the last things I want to have galloping around the place while I'm trying to get some kip!

Cheers, Jeff

2. miked

miked Well-Known Member

And now perhaps it's time to 'wrap up this thread?"

3. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

SXH......Yes it was taken at night, it had spun its web across the doorway of our camper, I took several shots of it before it moved, it was very dark I had no other option but to use flash, some of the nearby campers came around to my place to see what all the flashing was about, when they saw the spider they said it was only a baby, so I would have hated to have seen its parents, thanks for the info.......

4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

No need to worry. According to Wikipedia, "Their bite is not dangerous to humans but may induce mild, local pain, redness, and occasionally swelling for a period of 30 minutes up to three to four hours."

;)

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

take away the pain but leave the swelling;)

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

And talent, of course. But I'm not used to the Nikon menus yet and haven't found the talent-boost option yet... ;)
    .[/QUOTE]

Don't bother, there isn't one, I've looked...:rolleyes: They don't have it on Canons either - and you know how they love gimmicks...:D[/QUOTE]
    Er, moving from Nikon to Canon IS the talent boost. ;)

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

That is one ambitious spider! :eek:

It had probably seen this Larson cartoon...
    larson-1.jpg
    ;)

Bandersnatch and RovingMike like this.
  8. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

:)

9. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I'm sure we can spin it out a while longer.

10. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that CCD were reckoned more sensitive and were less noisy than CMOS. Certainly my D50 seems to produce cleaner images than the roughly contemporary 20D, it also had a base ISO of 200 which suggest a greater sensitivity. Another feature which IIRC is linked to it's having a CCD is that it can flash sync up to 1/500sec by somehow using the CCD as an electronic shutter - presumably the firmware turns the CCD off then on for the set time and then off again before closing the shutter.

The colour may well be down to changes in the JPEG processing parameters as I daresay these tend to be adjusted between as sensor improvements come in.

11. Bandersnatch

Bandersnatch Member

Larson030.jpg