1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The sort of speech one gives after a too liquid lunch?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Learning, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

3. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

He's been beyond a joke for a very long time.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Painful.

5. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Not seeing anything different to the sort of performance given when he was Mayor of London, and he was still voted into office,

steveandthedogs and Zou like this.
  6. dream_police

When he is being driven around by his carers do you think he sits in the back and makes those car noises?

WillieJ, DaveS, Footloose and 2 others like this.
  7. Learning

He's got to go.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Can't disagree with that, but who are the alternatives?

steveandthedogs and RogerMac like this.
  9. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Somewhere in my solicitors safe is an enduring power of attorney that can be activated if I can no longer manage my affairs, is there any chance that Buckingham Palace would find such powers in the British constitution and force a snap election?

DaveS, peterba and Catriona like this.
  10. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

But is there a single statesman in the Tory party? They expelled the only two who might qualify. All that are left are the most wall-eyed brexteers.

11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

He's a disgrace to the office. Unless of course the job description includes Court Jester, in which case he fails as none of it is funny.
    Alternatively he could be "on the spectrum".

DaveS, peterba and steveandthedogs like this.
  12. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Given that Bozo was elected because "He's the only man who can get the job done!", one wonders what it says about that job, and the people who thought that job needed doing, when the only man who can get it done turns out be a shambling incomprehensible twunt with the morals of a shithouse rat and the charm of a syphilitic chancre?

AndyTake2, Zou, DaveS and 7 others like this.
  13. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

That's a bit strong, but a pretty accurate assessment!

AndyTake2, peterba and Catriona like this.
  14. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

For a moment there I read that as speculum... Oh, wait, maybe he is balancing on one...

spinno likes this.
  15. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Kate!

Catriona likes this.
  16. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

FTFY!

DaveS likes this.
  17. Learning

If the party can manage him for nearly another year and get some needed but possibly unpopular work done then a very good chap, untainted by Boris, becomes available ready to lead the Conservatives into the 2024 election. Alok Sharma. He would have nearly two years to prove himself. Sharma was a cabinet minister before taking up the COP26 job. He was an unlikely choice for the COP job but did well.

18. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

My local MP got a pothole fixed outside my house. So I reckon she’d be in with a chance…. :)

peterba likes this.
  19. dream_police

Do you live next door to her by any chance?

20. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Some commentators are saying that this is typical of Johnson, with his bumbling blustering style, but I thought he actually looked uncomfortable and embarrassed, whereas normally he has that stupid grin on his face when he "cocks up". There's also the possibility that the Tories don't mind too much about this as it means people are distracted from the vote on the NHS Bill last night and the fact that a huge number of MPs rebelled.

steveandthedogs and peterba like this.