1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

The Shard- For RovingMike

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by zx9, Jul 6, 2012.

1. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A starter for 10, and no one paid any attention to me crouched on platform 6 at London Bridge:D

Anyone else, please feel free to add more Shard views.

2. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Lucky you did not get your collar felt if you ask me. :p

Cannot comment on image thought not Appraisal. :(

3. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Just taking some snaps with a little old camera officer:)
    No need for the :( it's a snap shot taken whilst waiting for the train, that is one reason it is posted in this room. The other reason hoping to provoke a few other view to be posted, so here is another carp one I took earlier.

[​IMG]

4. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

5. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Thank you Malcolm, I have just noticed the Barclay's bikes in front of Santander, another one for the must do list.

6. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Bit of a Gotham City feel about it.

7. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that the recent Batman films have used Birkbeck College's Senate House for Gotham City's courtroom, so you're in the right city...

Adrian

8. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Yes I think I recognised it. Been to a few convocations there in my time until they bored me silly.

OT/ I've heard Senate House described as the only genuine Fascist architecture in London
    /OT

Even more OT/
    Gotham city or Gothmog city AKA Minas Ithil / Morgul

/Even more OT
    As you were:D

9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Wollaton Hall in Nottingham is Wayne Mansion....it's about 10 miles outside the village of Gotham, whence the wisemen came...

10. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Is the Joker's residence filmed at Mansion House, I wonder? There's certainly one living there at the moment.

11. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Sorry to dig out this old post, but this week's AP (dated 8 June 2013) carries an article, p65, encouraging us to make 150MP images via photostitching, and shows a picture of the top of the Shard as an example. My shot above was a 10MP original (Canon 1D Mk III, and EF 28-105 F/3.5-5.6 USM zoom at F/8, jpeg) and shows broadly similar but less detail. Having done several high MP stitches, I would have expected very much better from a 150MP stitch. Do your own comparison, but do make sure you're seeing my original file size.

12. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I can't imagine that it's actually a technique that too many amateur photographers are likely to need -after all how many of us are ever likely to need to print to the kind of scale that such a picture allows?... Print such a picture down to a normal size and most of that detail is going to be lost either in the downsizing or because the printer simply can't resolve detail at the scale required.