1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Relic Challenge

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by gray1720, Apr 20, 2012.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I got some 'Treasures' via Sons of my Deceased Great Friend of over 60 years -- a Rolleiflex 'T' + Pentaprism + 16-on kit and LOADS of 1990's dated colour and B&W 120 and 35mm Bulk films. I have been testing some of the film -- 1990 Fuji Reala 100 is good still at 50 ASA in the Rollei. May 1994 dated Ilford XP1 processed all 'GREEN' indicating Bad Storage and attack by 'Fumes' , then some Bulk 'Barfen CN100 ' I tested was now 25 ASA and scanned 'soft' but amazingly managed to get some tests out. Also there is bulk KB20 , KB40 ,KB200, tested and 'Exeter' not tested yet ---- I attach a couple of results -- the 'Blue' XP1 ones are as scans came out , camera my 1930's Voigtlander 'BESSA' the lens of which I cleaned, the Classic car on Rollei T and Reala and the garden one on a Asahi Pentax Spotmatic -F with Russian Helios 58mm f2 lens
    [​IMG]Very OLD May 1994 Ilford XP1 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Barfen CN100 @ 25 ASA
    [​IMG]Very OLD 'Barfen CN 100 ' C41 bulk film by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Fuji REALA 100 @ 50 ASA on Rollei T 16-on
    [​IMG]ROLLEI T Cars on Fuji Reala 1998 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

spinno likes this.
  2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

That Chevvy looks rather nice and shiny

3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Yup. ;)

spinno likes this.
  4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Barfen, that takes me back. Forget who I used to order it from in the back of AP - I used the E6 slide film, and used the Barfen kits to develop it. First ones didn't have a reversal bath, you had to take the film out during processing and expose it to the light instead, very disconcerting and not at all the way E6 was supposed to be - even E4 had a (very toxic) reversal agent.

Quite nice film, actually more to my taste than Ektachrome of its time, and so cheap in bulk. Shot a few pre-packed rolls of the CN100, too. Rather like the vintage look you've got going with it there, Pete.

The Reala looks pretty good for a 30 year old film. I love the colour rendition of the relatively late Tessar on the T, and I also like the 16-on kit with the T. Yes, it's a much simplified camera from the E anf F models, but a great user. Have fun with it!

5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

spinno and steveandthedogs like this.
  6. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Fed 2, Fomapan 200 in rodinal semistand:

track.jpg

S

7. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Loaned a famous OLYMPUS TRIP 35 by my Camera Club Mate who gets them in car Boot Sales. When I was a Part-Time Tutor at Barking College Photography Dept, there were a LOOD of Trips for Students to use. I found exposures came out under-exposed even when I thought I had used f2.8 with flash -- THEN I was told on YouTube that the Iris Aperture Blades were 'Stuck' so f2.8 was actually about f11 ! No Winder negs were thin -- I did a VIDEO about my findings which you can see here and I attach a few test snaps ---

[​IMG]Olympus Trip test 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Olympus Trip test 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Olympus Trip test 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Olympus Trip test 08 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Olympus Trip test 11 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

8. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the video. I never had a Trip and don’t expect I ever will but I will remember your video when thinking about shooting film. I love the images :) I would have given you a thumbs up but our limited emojis won’t allow that, I will give you one on YouTube. X Don

9. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I thought every one had a Trip.
    And an XA or XA2. and all 4 varieties of flash for them though the A1L is rare as hen's teeth.
    The A9m flash was only intended for use with the basic XA1 but fitted them all.

ascu75 likes this.
  10. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

My best mate had one :rolleyes: I never discovered photography properly until the digital age and now realise what I have missed. :( Don

11. gray1720

If you haven't unstuck them, I can probably still work out how to do it, Pete - I've done a few Trips myself.

12. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

i have given it back to my Camera Club Mate now --

13. steveandthedogs

moat.jpg

Ricoh 500ME FP4+
    Oldie from 2016

S

14. gray1720

I think I have one of those, Steve - feels very plasticky, but a pretty decent lens. Should get it out again. And all the rest...

15. steveandthedogs

I know what you mean, but I think most of it is actually metal. It just feels 'orrible.

The two things I don't like are the iron foundry clunk of the shutter and the tiny rangefinder patch. On the other hand, a cracking lens and unobtrusive size for street work and manual or auto exposure.

S