1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

The occasional AP interview.

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Learning, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I like these occasional interviews and hope that AP continues to publish them. Of course these people aren't always easy to interview but when they have just published a new book they become available. It seems a fair deal. A small discreet 'plug' for a new book in return for an insight to their work is good all round. Rankin's 'More' at seventy quid is a bit too steep for me but I look forward to seeing it on Amazon at a somewhat lower price.

2. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

My only criticism is that when Richard Sibley was listing some of the famous personalities that Rankin had photographed, he included folk like David Bowie, Kate Moss, Madonna, et al, but missed out my daughter!

:mad:

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I actully thought Rankin's replies rather dull and disappointing, but then I tend to view his photography that way, too, so it could just be prejudice.

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

The latest example is not the best of its type but in general these interviews are worthwhile. I was merely stating that I would still like this type of occasional article to be published at a time when the future direction of the magazine must inevitably be under review.

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Completely agree.

6. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

To underline what I've said before, I see interviews such as this not as occasional but integral and essential to what AP is all about. Remember, I was the Features Editor when I was previously at AP. If I have any say in the matter (which as Editor I hope I do!) then the features content will be strengthened, not diminished, when we come to review the magazine.