1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The most popular camera brand in the world .....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Done_rundleCams, May 19, 2021.

1. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

These were elegant cameras, free of design gargoyles, especially the SL, which was a meter free version of the Spotmatic, as such not having the meter switch. Iirc the advertising line at one time was "just hold a Pentax".

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I think there is a difference between what people buy and what they aspire to, many people aspire or aspired, to owning a Pentax. Many more admire the brand. Unfortunately, it would appear that rather fewer actually buy Pentax.

3. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Pentax’s problem is they don’t bring out a new model every couple of months or so, thus giving magazines little to write about. Pentax cameras may not have every bang & whistle some cameras do, but what they do have they do well.

Done_rundleCams, Zou and peterba like this.
  4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

In my opinion, hands down the best choice of system if you want APS-C DSLR. OF course, the problem is there aren't all that many who do...

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

In light of this thread's revelation of the superiority of Pentax in the minds of some I took the new-to-me K2 out for a walk with the 35mm f2, some expired FP4+, and a CPL. Lovely.

6. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

My K-5 continues to do everything I want it to, and produce images capable of printing to 50 x 75 cm if I've used a decent lens.

I read the AP reviews of more recent APS-C cameras of various types, and all appear to offer more 'essential' features that I suspect I would never use. Also, some of them to no longer have sockets for a cable release and expect the owner to have a smartphone that can be made to do this, so if I purchased a new camera I might have to buy a smartphone too...

Done_rundleCams and Zou like this.