1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The joys of sloooooooooow emulsion

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by gray1720, Dec 16, 2020.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I came across this photo again this evening. Taken circa 1910 by natural light, on film that was probably not far off ISO 6. Apologies for the detail being rather oversize, but I wanted to show off the whole of that lovely mirror shot. That looks like a seriously lovely camera - I'd guess one of the larger Kodaks?

Breakfast room interior in mirror2.jpg
    Breakfast room interior in mirror.jpg

Zou, Scphoto, Catriona and 2 others like this.
  2. gray1720

Funny who should like this first - taken in one of the now-lost Dundee Jute Palaces.

3. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

A local seller has Kodak 2254 in 12 exposure cassettes - speed 1.6 ISO!

4. gray1720

Pff, too fast, nothing but grain from that! :p

John Farrell likes this.
  5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Possible double exposure? Or a seriously loooong one.

S

6. gray1720

I'm sure it's a long exposure - natural light in a room with darkish decor. The question is who is it? Is it the photographer, or one of the maids? It sort of looks like the shape of my great-granny, but then Mrs Webber (almost certainly the photographer), dressed in the fashion of the time. Was it a deliberate ghost photo? Who can tell, they're all long the wrong side of the turf, as is the house.

I love it, though, it's such fun.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

They are wonderful! The slowest I've gone was ASA 24? I used to use it to copy other people's photos for them when asked.