1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The inner debate - should I or shouldn't I

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by eastwest4023, Jun 5, 2021.

1. eastwest4023

eastwest4023 Member

My 2nd post here is really a debate I'm having with myself. I've been a Fujifilm X-T3 user for some time. When the X-S10 came out I thought time to upgrade. I bought the X-S10 Dec 2020 as a Christmas present for myself. Guess what, I go back to my old comfortable shoes the X-T3 for photography. And as days go by, the more I realize I prefer the X-T3 over the newer X-S10. UGH!

Now here is the clincher for the debate. The X-S10 actually takes some amazing pictures but it's the comfort level, it's the experience using the X-T3 that makes it my go-to camera. Maybe I just wasn't ready to divorce the X-T3 for the younger sexy X-S10. So as days go by guilt sits in with the X-S10 sitting on the shelf - should I sell it? I should of went after a sexy new lens for Christmas instead of a new camera. After all, I'm a firm believer that it is the lens that makes a shot stand out.

2. eastwest4023

eastwest4023 Member

I tried to edit the above but I couldn't seem to do so. Rookie mistake. I just now noticed there is a FujiFilm forum here. I probably should have put the above under the FujiFilm forum

3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Well if you vastly prefer one camera body over another, there is the answer.

I take the view it is now not really upgrading camera bodies as the bulk of the newer versions only provide a small increment of performance improvement for much outlay. My only thought of anything at the moment is the 70-300 lens, I haven't jumped as it is in short supply and I am pretty well housebound presently anyway, so there seems no point.

Footloose and RogerMac like this.
  4. eastwest4023

eastwest4023 Member

Yep! I agree. When I was hungry for something new, I have no idea why I was thinking of a new camera at that time. Every time I was checking out reviews the X-S10 kept popping up. Brainwashed :rolleyes:

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

You get a window of time to edit the contents of a post but the title and location are set when the post is created and can’t be changed.

Many people read the forum using “new post” filter rather than by location so it doesn’t matter in the big scheme of things.

What you wrote - you bought something and regretted it - is something we all do from time to time, the fact it was a Fuji camera is neither here nor there really.

6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

If you had posted in the Fujifilm forum, with few exception only Fuji users would have seen your post,
    I have to say that you are holding your own very well in the Lounge. Keep it up. (No Nige, not that).

7. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Sell the X-S10 and get another X-3T simple

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  8. eastwest4023

eastwest4023 Member

@GeoffR - I'm actually leaning that way. Can you sell equipment on this forum? I need to find the FAQ section. I assume there is one but haven't seen it yet.

9. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

No selling on the forum.

10. PeteRob

No FAQ either

11. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

but we allow TLAs like FAQ.

12. PeteRob

.????

13. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

The upgrade bug can be persistent and expensive.
    For me, limited funds are a good protection against being a victim...

14. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

When you've sold the camera, perhaps, purchase a lens that you've wanted :) Or, in lieu, of flogging it privately, perhaps, try trade it towards something you want :)

Cheers,

Jack