1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

The choices?!

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by KierFX, Feb 5, 2017.

1. KierFX

KierFX Well-Known Member

College has tonnes of medium format kit, even digital like Phase One backs, but I don't think I have permission to use them. They only have a Mamiya 645 with a 75mm (or is it 80mm?) that i'm aloud to use and I really don't like it; having shot a roll last week I think the body is too clunky and it had seen better days.

No lenses are available for me to rent out from college for my ETRSi. Portra 400 does seem nice, especially since its a negative. Slide film confuses me, so would rather stay away from that.

I'm hoping college will give me some film for the trip though, since they gave my friend a roll of Portra 160 last week when he was using the Mamiya 645.

Kier

2. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Better to take familiar kit on this assignment. Maybe just make do with 75mm & 150mm lenses on the Bronnie. Accept that an element of 'force majeure' will shape your photo view of the world and perhaps try to make a virtue of an economy of means. Allow those two lenses to shape your picture making. I'd even - for myself - use just one, a 50mm (135mm format) on a DSLR or 75mm (120 format 645) for colour, although it's not a sort of place I think I want to visit as a tourist or photographer. Time spent switching back & forth between lenses can eat into the time for observing/feeling/searching for angles/finding a theme. Hope it goes well. Oly