1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best way to scan negatives..

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by KierFX, Mar 10, 2016.

1. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

Of course they do but that's the same for a digital set-up isn't it?

Any enlarger will print multigrade but I find it simpler to use Ilford's own multigrade filters

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek there!

I don't disagree with what you are saying, though there is pressure on space in many domestic environments nowadays. Certainly a good silver based print leaves a good inkjet behind.

3. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

This thread had my howling with laughter....especially the one elephant, two elephant bit.
    Oh my, My somewhat romantic notions were soon erased as I read through comments.
    Hanging negs in the shower, dirty film squeegee giving perfect tramlines and let's not forget the washing!! I flatly refused to use fibre based papers back then simply and only because of the ridiculous amounts of washing times it required - and that was 20yrs ago!!

I'm amazed I kept my enthusiasm up for as long as I did.

4. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

Blimey, how sophisticated we've become eh!

5. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Sorry taxor, I wasn't poking fun.
    Doing the wet process at college was great, because it was geared up for it - my memories of doing it at home with my parents, brothers and sister roaming around isn't fondly remembered. Exposing the paper whilst my younger brothers raced around outside my bedroom door created many "Arty" prints I can tell you. Or my newly developed negatives left hung to dry in the shower cubicle - then finding them later coiled up near the plug hole covered in soap suds amongst other horrors is not my fondest memory either.

But being left in peace at college with a 4hr session in a personal darkroom all to myself was sheer bliss.

6. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

It's probably how most of us started out