1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks for the help, mate!

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by gray1720, Oct 11, 2020.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I've started work on the annual photobook as a distraction (sanity preserver) from jobhunting, and have been reminded of how much fun it can be going through the photos - I rarely see them when they are fresh as I edit automatically in Elephants and upload via Dropbox, so it's a treat, especially as the annual dinner is a non-starter this year so I have no deadline to adhere to.

Anyway, ramble over, an easy decision for this one - straight in the "It's a funny old game" section! upload_2020-10-11_18-40-55.jpeg

Dan S, Geren and Catriona like this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Haha! It's almost like a time-lapse series. Must be a heavy old screen!
    Great one to include in the book. :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Who is the chap at the end miming a push?!

4. gray1720

Our star batsman! I think he realised it was moving well enough without him, but I didn't spot the little pushing motion until today.

It is a bloomin' heavy screen - the groundsman repurposed the old steel-framed covers when they were replaced, two have sightscreens inserted, and one is the roof over the "grandstand" (if I come across a picture later I'll add it, for a larf).

Catriona likes this.
  5. gray1720

This is the "grandstand" built from another of the old covers:
    upload_2020-10-11_22-1-26.jpeg

Geren and Catriona like this.
  6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Good stuff. I don’t have appraisal comments. They stand as documentary as they are.

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I take it that the first one is the one to be appraised.It is more than documentary; it is humour.
    You have released the shutter just as the person far left has almost landed on his face. The person 'virtually' pushing is icing on the cake.
    It is a well seen hilarious moment. I like the composition with the line of heads descending towards the base of the heavy screen that seems to have started moving quite suddenly.
    I think that you have dealt with the high dynamic range of the scene very well.
    Its a brilliant photo, and I'm not even a fan of cricket.

RovingMike likes this.