1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks Dominic

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by LesleySM, Oct 18, 2011.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Great supplement with the mag this week

2. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Lesley,

It's maybe too early for me this morning, but do you mean Damien :confused:

3. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

LOL - my father calls me Dominic, but he has the self-inflicted confusion of sons called Dominic, David and Damien.

Thanks all the same. I'm glad you like it. I'll pass your comments on to my brother :)

4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

is he the better looking one...:D

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

That's nothing compared to what we call you. :D

6. LesleySM

Ooops!:mad:

7. IanJTurner

IanJTurner Well-Known Member

Haha - yes, in addition to my siblings, my mother lists the family pets, past and present, before she gets to my name!

And I agree, I love the supplement. Haven't read it all yet, I'm savouring it. :)

8. LesleySM

Can I just tell you a story to prove I am hopeless with names?

(All I can say in my defence was I hadn't seen him for about 7 years and thought he was in New York)

Dave and me had been to the cinema and afterwards we decided have a beer, we'd just taken our seats when this guy came over from the bar:"Lesley! Dave! Haven't seen you in ages! What you drinking?!"

I never refuse a beer on principle so as he headed to the bar to get our drinks in Dave whispered "Who is he?"
    I whispered "Dunno but he looks familiar"

So the guy sat there for about 20 minutes, chatting away, it was obvious he knew me and my family very well but I just couldn't quite place the face then he stood up to go to the loo and as he did I remembered so as soon as he was out of earshot I whispered "I know who he is"
    "Who?"
    "He's my bloody brother!"

Of course what makes it worse is of my two brothers he's the one that looks more like me

9. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Thanks, Tharg (more alliterative and avoids name confusion! :) ). Great supplement - I'm still inwardly digesting, but already found a lot of interesting and useful stuff.

10. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Herself has not so much a problem with names but faces (which amounts to the same thing)... She has prosopagnosia (face-blindness), if it wasn't for my purple beard she wouldn't spot me in a crowd, and indeed has walked by me in the past.

Watching a film with her is murder. :(

11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Stood in a bookshop the other day, looking at a shelf of books listed by author alphabetically including about a dozen by the same author, damned if I could remember his name...remembered the title of one of his books saw it and thought...damn it's not who I thought (or didn't:eek:) it was....
    Not sure if it's an age thing or what but since I had my heart attack I think my short term memory is going into semi-retirement.

12. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Yeah Daph... Ah... Err... Cheque please...

13. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Just glad no one has seen the photo of me in the supplement! :rolleyes:

14. IanJTurner

I did spot that. Didn't like to say anything tough. :)

15. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

"Just glad no one has seen the photo of me in the supplement"

As Ian has said… tough ;)

Are you still doing the D&G shoot next year?

16. IanJTurner

Damn that five minute edit window! :p

17. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Are you one of the 'cheeky chaps' on page 36?:D

18. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

lol - try p21

19. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I did think you should've tried a much wider aperture for that one, Damo - ideally one that left none of the subject sharp. ;)

20. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]