1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Text/font tool

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Dorset_Mike, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Some time ago I recall having seen an application which allowed manipulation/distortion of text such as making it form a circle (like text round the edge of a coin) or taper from large to small and vice versa.

Does anybody know of it, if so what is it called, is it still available, if so where from?

Cheers MIKE

2. BikerMike

BikerMike Well-Known Member

There is a feature in Microsoft Word called Word Art which does what you ask, and a lot more too.

Mike

3. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

You can do it in Photoshop as well.

Either using the path tool or the text deform tool

4. Dorset_Mike

Thanks for that, exactly what I was after, I only had Open Office loaded, Word is now installed.

5. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

How does one access that feature Mike please?I`ve opened Word but it`s not obvious.

6. TonyKillay

TonyKillay Well-Known Member

In my version (2010) it's under the Menu 'Insert' and the block labelled 'Text'. In other versions it's propbably elsewhere!

Tony

7. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Word 2003 - Insert/ Picture/ Word art.

8. Dorset_Mike

I've got Office 2000, in which it's in the drawing menu.

9. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Brings back memories of 'CorelDRAW' for me.

10. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

CorelDRAW

Ah, still got version 12 on my XP machine - was the bees knees - seen some amazing life like drawings done by it in the past :D