1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Testing C41 mini=lab Developer in my Paterson Tank --

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by PeteE, Oct 24, 2019.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

A local Film Processing Lab is closing down and I know the Technician quite well -- so I told him I was out of C41 developer and he kindly gave me a set A.B and C of Fuji Hunt ' Econoneg Developer Replenisher LR' and some 'Starter' to make the working developer . I carefully measured out the amounts to make 500 mls as a 'test' and did a C41 process in a Paterson Tank when the chemicals are really designed for an expensive machine BUT I got good-looking negs ! The real test is how they 'Scan 'and 'Print' -- using my Canon 9000F Mk II + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer I found they scanned with a slight Cyan bias ans some a bit 'dark' but easily corrected in FastStone. I had the Bleach and Fix Chemicls already.
    Camera : Yashica FR-1 Lens : Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar T* Flash : Sunpak auto 36FD
    [​IMG]C41 Test 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]C41 Test 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Half a Negative only -- flash at f1.4
    [​IMG]C41 Test 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Outdoors Tree near Brentwood Town Car Park in the Rain !
    [​IMG]C41 Test 05 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]C41 Test 06 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    FILM was 2005 Outdated 'TUDOR 100 ' ( Fuji) rated 64 ASA as it was 'old'