1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Test

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Bazarchie, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

What are you trying to test? Or is it the river Test?

3. Bazarchie

Whether I can upload from Flickr from an iPad. It wouldn’t work in the past as the BB code was not available. It now seems you can post the URL and it works. Perhaps you could always do this, but whenever I tried it failed.

I posted the same photo in the weather thread but the quality was poor, looks better through the link.

4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

The photo doesn't show, only the link.

Are you using the Flikr app on the ipad? If so, the BB code isn't there. If you open up flikr in safari, or whatever, as you would on a computer, access to the BB link is there as normal and that should actually bring the photo up on this forum as opposed to just a link.

5. PeteRob

I never managed to copy the whole of the BB link - but that was on my iPad2 which I've retired. Haven't tried on the new(er) one - also on the way to obsolescence.

6. Bazarchie

Does the link work now?

7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

It still just shows the link, not the image. Clicking on the link takes you to the image.

upload_2020-2-17_12-14-1.png

If you want the forum to show the image, you have to use the Image button and then paste the URL in to that, but no clue if /how you can do it from an iPad and I suspect it won't show the image (since that URL is a page URL, not an image URL).

8. Bazarchie

Thanks Tony,

If you can see the image if you post on the link then that is better than before.

When you say the Image Button, where do I find this? I only have a Upload a File option.

I expect the only way to get it to work properly is from a pc.

9. dream_police

Steve, have you tried my method as posted above?

this has just been posted from my Flickr page on safari using my iPad and not the Flickr app. Not used the image button above, but copied the BB link from within Flickr and pasted directly into this thread as you would do from a Laptop or desktop.

[​IMG]Qantu color by Nigel G, on Flickr

EightBitTony likes this.
  10. Bazarchie

Thanks Nigel. If I load Flickr through Safari on the iPad I cannot find a BB code only a URL. Where do they hide the BB code? (My iPad is quite new)

11. PeteRob

You go to the photo page, choose share then a white box comes up. BBCode option is rightmost. I can’t seem to get a copy dialogue for the link on my iPads.

PS after a lot of effort
    [​IMG]IMG_0001.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  12. dream_police

Open flikr and log in (in a safari browser)

[​IMG]Untitled by Nigel G, on Flickr

Below the image here, there is a forwarding arrow. Click on that and this page opens. Copy the address then that address can be pasted directly into a thread and the pictures show as here.

[​IMG]Untitled by Nigel G, on Flickr

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  13. PeteRob

He’s got it!

dream_police likes this.
  14. Bazarchie

EightBitTony and dream_police like this.
  15. Bazarchie

Also thanks to Pete and Tony.

I was trying to share from Photostream rather than selecting one image and then sharing. The first did not give a BB option, the second did.

Why should posting from Flickr result in much better quality compared with uploading a picture direct from the IPad photo app?

16. dream_police

I suppose you mean using file upload on here? If so, that is limited to 1mb. Linked from Flikr it isn't, so I imagine that would have something to do with it.

17. PeteRob

Don’t know. It is not impossible that the image is changed (compressed, resized) en-route. Flickr resizing is unreliable in its quality so nowadays I always resize to 800 pix before uploading and then link to the original.