1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Test shoot for a professional singer

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Glenis_Paintsil, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Glenis_Paintsil

Glenis_Paintsil New Member

Hello, I am a professional singer and in urgent need for some photo's for on line advertising and promo matirial. All the ones Iv had done previously I had long hair and want to show a true likeness of who I am today! I look forward to hearing from you!

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Some more information would be helpful...

1 - Location? (This forum is read by people all over the world)

2 - How much you going to pay for the photoshoot and use of the photos?

3. Glenis_Paintsil

Hi apologies for the lack of info my friend usually sorts these things for me! I am based in SW London and willing to travel within reason!!!I am currently working with some of Londons top DJ's/Producers.. I am looking for a free shoot by a student photographer who wants to build their photographer's portfolio and possibly, someone who wishes to focus on the music industry once there career is in full swing! Unfortunately the student I worked with previously is away travelling for the next 3 months... I do understand in most cases the photo will only permit you to use the photo's for the model/artists photographic portfolio... The student I worked with previously was happy for me to upload the pictures on to youtube and social networking sites as a cover to promote my singles....

4. Jim Moriarty

Jim Moriarty Well-Known Member

Ah, that old chestnut. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How about you sing at my daughters wedding, bring your own PA and lights, etc. The whole shebang. Oh, and can you record it, professional quality, you can use the recording for your demo, meanwhile I'll have a copy to do with what I wish... :rolleyes:

5. Glenis_Paintsil

Iv done many many free giggs over the years to build my Portfolio, top night clubs, bars festivals it goes on and on!!! Singing at your daughters wedding would not benifit me at this stage of my career as I will not benifit some at the stage they are at... but I will for some! I know this as I have done it befor previously and used to be a model also...... If you are not interested or are offended by my post I appologise I had a really good response from a site I used previously and just thought Id give this one a shot!

Kind regards..

6. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

I photograph live bands for a hobby. The only thing is that I live in South Devon, about 250 to 300 miles away. But I do have a couple of relatives in the London area.
    I don't charge for my pictures, all I ask is that if used then I am given a credit as either a link to my flickr or email.
    My pictures have appeared on a few band (mostly tribute bands)web sites.
    PM me with details if you are interested, as I am photograhing a few gigs in the coming weeks and also on 24 hour call out for work.

7. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Glenis, I'm happy to shoot for free on the basis that the shots are solely for use on official websites or profile pages eg Facebook, Myspace etc. Shots must be displayed as supplied (they carry a discreet copyright notice which must not be cropped off or obscured), I am credited and/or a link back to my site is included, and the shots are not forwarded for third party use.

Although I live in Harrogate, I am in London at least twice a month with work. I have access to a small studio where I stay (N4) which is suitable for head shots and lighting for environmental portraits. Have a look at my website and get in touch if you're interested.
    BarneyAllen.com