1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

technique - Winter Clothing

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by PeteRob, Dec 8, 2015.

1. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Bit odd to illustrate advice for keeping warm in a British winter by using a model wearing jeans and a down jacket. First bit of heavy rain and warm he won't be. I presume that the anonymous provider of "Our choice" doesn't go far off the beaten track.

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

They might be away for some time.

3. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

^ ^ Plus one, WHS ^ ^

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Another vote for "Totally inadequate" here. Neither good for wet conditions nor for real cold. Probably good for a stroll down to the river on a fine Sunday afternoon - which is probably all our anonymous author had ever experienced.

5. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

A down liner might be nice as a layer, but I have never seen one.
    I prefer wool for layers rather than hitec materials, as wool warms up in the damp.