1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro VC USD - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Lens Matters' started by Darth Vader, Jul 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

The latest issue of AP has a Clifton Cameras / Sigma advertisement that features the 105 mm F 2.8 EX DG OSM MACRO 'from £329'.
    Given the current price of the Tamron 90 mm F 2.8, this must be a possible alternative. I recall reading good things about previous models in AP. Park Cameras list it at £339 in a Canon mount, but are 'awaiting stock'.

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I had a version of the Sigma 105 with a slightly asymmetrical diaphragm. Apparently this was common.
    The various versions of the Tamron 90 have always been well regarded by the standards of their days.
    I use a105 Nikkor. f2.8. Its about time that Nikon updated the vintage 200mm macro. If they did so as a Z lens I might be encouraged to buy a Z camera. Apart from that I am sticking with my DSLRs.

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I do not find the lack of IS a factor when shooting without a tripod. My shots are probably not true macro and I use faster speeds so camera shake is not an issue. I do shoot a lot of flowers and butterflies with this lens.

4. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Active Member

Thank you all for your comments.