1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take over

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by John King, Jan 19, 2020.

1. John King

John King Well-Known Member

I have seen an entry on another photographic forum that states that Ilford have been taken over by another company based in Australia. It sounds a bit fishy so I am sceptical. I have not heard of any suggestion that there was a take over in the offing.

Has anyone seen or heard anything?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

If so it will be in the financial news somewhere. I have a feeling that the Ilford brand is used by several different companies separating out the film business, darkroom business and digital media businesses. It could be that an Australian company has licensed the trading name for use in Australasia or part thereof.

3. John King

What made me suspicious was the date on the announcement was todays date i.e. 20/01/2020. On a weekend, this announcement would have been made when the stock markets were open.

Then since my 1st post in this section, I did a search and yes there was a takeover/buyout, but that was in April 2014! It is all a bit of a mish-mash and I think either, someone is being mischievous, totally confused or deliberately spreading false rumours.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It is Sunday the 19th according to my iPad.

5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I think you'll find that John is the other side of the International Date Line.

6. John King

Ooops, my mistake it was the 19th not the 20th. I really should wear my reading glasses more often!

7. gray1720

So you aren't - so who the flip have I muddled you up with?

8. John King

Who would you like me to be don't answer that! - I confuse myself as well as others.

But the question I asked originally was not a confusion by me, they are talking about Ilford Japan, Harman, the takeover is in Australia. Now that is confusing, they really aught to keep taking the tablets.

9. gray1720

I think I confused you with John Terrell, who is in Kiwistan. Sorry!

10. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Or perhaps you've confused him with me?

11. gray1720

Probably... pass me the spade old chap, I shall continue digging this hole for myself!

John Farrell likes this.