1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tackled...

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by El_Sid, Oct 29, 2019.

1. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Oleg2016 and sappymike12 like this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Great shot! If it had been less tight you could perhaps have rotated it and lost the van. Usually I hate tilted shots but for action they can add drana.

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I like it, although the van and fence/gate is a bit distracting. Must have been early in the game, no mud or blood.

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I think it is good as it is, but the van is a real pity. If you use in to out cropping, I don't think you get further than square before you start to question if you need to go further. The story is all there:

[​IMG]

5. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

A modern penalty ? No evidence that the tackler's arms are 'wrapping' the tackled and the tacklers shoulder is well above ball height with the heads perilously close.

I'd better be quiet - I'm talking myself into a yellow card!!!!

MicklL

6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Penalty only. The ball carrier is falling so mitigating circumstances on height and probably intent too.

MickLL likes this.
  7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Thanks all.

I suspected the van might be an issue, I'd already managed to eliminate a rather brightly coloured bicycle but hoped the dullness of the van might offset it's presence - clearly it doesn't...:rolleyes:

I never thought of going in super-tight, was concentrating on keeping the players whole too much. Nice one Mike...:)