1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Symmetry on the London Underground

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Luke A, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Luke A

Luke A Member

Hello. I thought that I would share some photos from my ongoing project tubemapper.com,

Tube Mapper is my London photography project where I'm capturing moments at every Underground, Overground and DLR station. There are lots of photos, so I'll share a small collection focusing of my symmetrical encounters.

[​IMG]
    Perfectly Central - St Pauls

[​IMG]
    Our Symmetrical Commute - Bank

[​IMG]
    Underground, Overground - Canning Town

[​IMG]
    Up and Down - Embankment

[​IMG]
    The Stars Align - Star Lane

[​IMG]
    Sliding Doors - Leicester Square

More tunnel vision photos here...
    https://tubemapper.com/symmetry-on-the-london-underground/

Thanks for looking :)

TUBEMAPPER.COM
    website | instagram | facebook | twitter| flickr

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi Luke, good to see you keeping this project up!

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Very nice idea. Look forward to seeing more.

4. Luke A

Luke A Member

Hey Pete, yeah the Tube Mapper project has been going well. It has had a reasonable amount of interest and I luckily managed to get a book deal, so have a book coming out in August this year. I think I should probably contact the magazine to see if they'd do a feature about it?

5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Give it a go - you'd be amazed at the random obllocks they pick up from here occasionally, so something as striking as your work above must surely be worth a punt.

6. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Really like those. Nicely done.

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Go for it and good luck with the book! The instant I saw the first picture of this set I remembered your project - it has been going a few years now! Excellent stuff!

8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

That's very nice of you Mike. Luke seems to be a worthy competitor doing a tube project.
    Of course we are not really competitive are we?:).

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I think Luke that you could have drip fed these one at a time into the appraisal room. I like them and the idea.

10. RovingMike

I'm confused. Is it related to that interactive online project from many years ago called Tube Mapper, where a map was built up? Thought that was a thing loads of people took part in, I know I did. Never knew what happened to it.

11. RovingMike

He and dozens of others. I think at any given time, there are quite a lot of people crawling over that thing with cameras. But his stuff is very good. Someone got an ARPS or maybe FRPS recently with some very gritty shots, which were supposed to show how filthy it all was. Complete misrepesentation, I thought, but the photography was good.

12. Luke A

Luke A Member

Thanks Mike, I started the project about three years ago when I had my first child. The idea was to inspire creativity and keep me using my camera when I had little free time. With this project I mainly shoot during commute time. The idea is to capture a moment at each and every station, but I'm in not rushing it. I think of the combined 270 underground, 110 Overground and 45 DLR stations, I have so far captured about 280 ish.

The project has lots of images, and numerous collections. I think around 30 in the symmetry collection. Maybe I'll post some other themes here as well. Here are a few more symmetry shots...

[​IMG]

Perfectly Parked - Green Park

[​IMG]
    Doors Aligned at Tufnell Park

[​IMG]
    Convergence - Southwark

[​IMG]
    Symmetry at Canary Wharf